T Nation

Revenge, Sweet Revenge

Someone I know has gained access to my facebook account (at least that’s the only one I know of). I have no idea how, and I have no idea when. But apparently, she’s not only looking through my account, she’s actually using it to send my contacts messages, and look through my very private files.

I’ve been very careful with changing passwords, and I still don’t know how she got ahold of my account (I’m a little technologically challenged). Anyone have any good ideas on how to get revenge on her?

Do her in the butt?

Seriously, just let it go. Change your passwords for everything and move on. The best revenge is ignoring her pathetic ass. She obviously craves your attention, and by not giving it to her she will go insane.

Why would you keep private files on facebook?

[quote]Bullmoose wrote:
Why would you keep private files on facebook?[/quote]

Same reason he gives out his password to everyone.

[quote]Bullmoose wrote:
Why would you keep private files on facebook?[/quote]

They’re not private files, but they’re personal messages, that were not meant for her.

I change my password frequently, and I don’t make it easy to crack.

if you didnt tell anyone your password. look for software which searches your computer for keyloggers. Some keyloggers can be installed without you ever knowing.

Was your password a strong password, or just a word?

[quote]kligor wrote:
I change my password frequently, and I don’t make it easy to crack.[/quote]

Do you clear your history?

Cause my sister and I played a realy funny joke on one of her boyfriends that signed up on an adult dating site.

He didn’t clear the history.

[quote]kligor wrote:
Someone I know has gained access to my facebook account (at least that’s the only one I know of). I have no idea how, and I have no idea when. But apparently, she’s not only looking through my account, she’s actually using it to send my contacts messages, and look through my very private files.

I’ve been very careful with changing passwords, and I still don’t know how she got ahold of my account (I’m a little technologically challenged). Anyone have any good ideas on how to get revenge on her?[/quote]

Did she access your account through a computer that you use or from an entirely remote location. If you had used the computer, say at work, the library, etc. to surf facebook, your password may have been stored automatically. Then it is just as easy as going to facebook and clicking LOGON under your name.

At work, people always surf facebook. One of my less technically sound coworkers left his facebook password on it, so just for fun I changed some things on his facebook page (ie a mostly naked man as his picture). I am not sure he ever figured out it was me! (By the way, it was totally innocent and just a practical joke between friends- nothing serious like reading his personal chats or anything)

Just watch what the internet browser asks you when you log on place. You never want it to store passwords!

Jeff

personal engineering

1 find any account that you want to steal from her

2 make a account with the same service

[example] administrator1980@email.com

3 they will usualy send you a email from the service, try to emitate it only asking for thier personal password and user name

4 send it to her try the password on all her accounts different email services ect

here is one I used to steal some friends myspace passwords

[quote]Hi, “name”!

MySpace security has reason to belive that
you’r account has been broken into through
a technical glitch in our browsers. For confidentiality
reasons we would like you to write you’r
user email and password to your current
account like so,

Email@email.com
Password

in this message box:

If you fail to give the correct information we will have to shut down
your MySpace account until we can fix the glitch in our system.
You will not be able to make another account of login to any other
MySpace accounts untill this time for security reasons.

Kind regards,
MySpace staff


At MySpace we care about your privacy. This email is never sent unsolicited.

MySpace, Inc.
8391 Beverly Blvd. #349
Los Angeles, CA 90048
USA

?2003-2007 MySpace.com. All Rights Reserved.[/quote]

this is a easy way to do basicaly what she did to you

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
Was your password a strong password, or just a word?[/quote]

It was a very strong password. It had letters, numbers and other characters in it. On top of that, it wasn’t even based on a real word.

[quote]MikiB wrote:
if you didnt tell anyone your password. look for software which searches your computer for keyloggers. Some keyloggers can be installed without you ever knowing.[/quote]

This might actually be a possibility. Do you know of any such software I can download?

[quote]FFJeff wrote:

Did she access your account through a computer that you use or from an entirely remote location. If you had used the computer, say at work, the library, etc. to surf facebook, your password may have been stored automatically. Then it is just as easy as going to facebook and clicking LOGON under your name.

At work, people always surf facebook. One of my less technically sound coworkers left his facebook password on it, so just for fun I changed some things on his facebook page (ie a mostly naked man as his picture). I am not sure he ever figured out it was me! (By the way, it was totally innocent and just a practical joke between friends- nothing serious like reading his personal chats or anything)

Just watch what the internet browser asks you when you log on place. You never want it to store passwords!

Jeff

[/quote]

Actually, I was very careful about this, and made sure (a number of times) that my password was not automatically stored.

[quote]kligor wrote:
This might actually be a possibility. Do you know of any such software I can download?[/quote]

Yeah. Sofware that has “keylogger” in the title.

http://[supposed to be a link here]

And hey. If you ever need help with te computer, stuff like; how to switch it on, using a device called a “mouse”, and how to “type” stuff into google search… just gimme an e-mail.

I can help you out.

-Bruce

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
kligor wrote:
This might actually be a possibility. Do you know of any such software I can download?

Yeah. Sofware that has “keylogger” in the title.

http://[supposed to be a link here]

And hey. If you ever need help with te computer, stuff like; how to switch it on, using a device called a “mouse”, and how to “type” stuff into google search… just gimme an e-mail.

I can help you out.

-Bruce[/quote]

Well, now that you mention it, I could use a little help locating the tilde button. With so many buttons on the keyboard between escape and CTRL, it’s a hard one to find. They should have a university course helping people locate that one.

[quote]kligor wrote:
brucevangeorge wrote:
kligor wrote:
This might actually be a possibility. Do you know of any such software I can download?

Yeah. Sofware that has “keylogger” in the title.

http://[supposed to be a link here]

And hey. If you ever need help with te computer, stuff like; how to switch it on, using a device called a “mouse”, and how to “type” stuff into google search… just gimme an e-mail.

I can help you out.

-Bruce

Well, now that you mention it, I could use a little help locating the tilde button. With so many buttons on the keyboard between escape and CTRL, it’s a hard one to find. They should have a university course helping people locate that one.[/quote]

I think it’s the ~ symbol, right below escape.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
kligor wrote:
brucevangeorge wrote:
kligor wrote:
This might actually be a possibility. Do you know of any such software I can download?

Yeah. Sofware that has “keylogger” in the title.

http://[supposed to be a link here]

And hey. If you ever need help with te computer, stuff like; how to switch it on, using a device called a “mouse”, and how to “type” stuff into google search… just gimme an e-mail.

I can help you out.

-Bruce

Well, now that you mention it, I could use a little help locating the tilde button. With so many buttons on the keyboard between escape and CTRL, it’s a hard one to find. They should have a university course helping people locate that one.

I think it’s the ~ symbol, right below escape.[/quote]

It’s all so clear now!

hhmm…sounds like a slippery slope. Any chance you’ll just let it go?

I recommend just letting it go.

However… you could sign her up for every possible spam, junk mail, and cold calling subscription you can find.