Revenge on the Douchebags

[quote]E-man wrote:
There’s always the crazy idea of politely asking them to move to a curling station. Sometimes I wonder if most T-Nation members are mutes or just socially retarded and have trouble communicating with others while at the gym.

Not pointing any fingers but if everyone didn’t inflate their ego to 50 PSI the second they step foot in the gym and let their physiques and strength do the talking then I’d bet a lot better workouts would be had by all. A lot of us are there for the same purpose so why does it always seem like people try to make enemys and not allies. Brotherhood of iron fellas.[/quote]

Been there, done that, the attitude of a SRC asshole always comes back. See the thread, but much like the entire world, peace is not possible!!!

have you ever thought of actually telling someone that the rack is not for curling??? Maybe he/she’s a noob and doesn’t know any better.

Now if they’re not a n00b and still do it anyway, then ya they’re douchebags.

I never see squat rack curls at my gym here in Taiwan…y’know why? Most guys here can’t curl 45lbs. for more than a few reps so the idea of adding any weight is something that’s not gonna happen.

I’ll stop going to the gym the day I see someone try to do the impossible; curling in the Smith machine!!

I saw a guy trying to do power cleans in the smith machine the other day.

[quote]E-man wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if most T-Nation members are mutes or just socially retarded and have trouble communicating with others while at the gym.[/quote]

Ding ding ding.

Present company mostly excepted of course…

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
I saw a guy trying to do power cleans in the smith machine the other day.[/quote]

Wow, that is one thing I have yet to see someone do in the smith machine.

[quote]kroc30 wrote:
E-man wrote:
There’s always the crazy idea of politely asking them to move to a curling station. Sometimes I wonder if most T-Nation members are mutes or just socially retarded and have trouble communicating with others while at the gym.

Not pointing any fingers but if everyone didn’t inflate their ego to 50 PSI the second they step foot in the gym and let their physiques and strength do the talking then I’d bet a lot better workouts would be had by all. A lot of us are there for the same purpose so why does it always seem like people try to make enemys and not allies. Brotherhood of iron fellas.

Been there, done that, the attitude of a SRC asshole always comes back. See the thread, but much like the entire world, peace is not possible!!!
[/quote]

The phrase, “If I have to explain it, you wouldn’t understand” comes to mind here.

Agree with kroc on this one. If a person who is old enough to have a gym membership is too stupid to realize they are misusing a squat rack, then asking them to move is only going to elicit a defensive, “I don’t see your name on it” kind of response.

Newb or not, it is pretty obvious what a squat rack’s intended function is. I started lifting in a public gym the day after I turned 14, and I was never confused as to their purpose. Amazing what you can glean just from watching the people around you.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Ever see someone who does every exercise in the smith machine? There is not one but two guys at my gym that do this. [/quote]

Is this them?

[quote]John S. wrote:
we got 5 guys at my gym that all they do is smith machine(they all work out together).[/quote]

This could get out of hand…

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
John S. wrote:
we got 5 guys at my gym that all they do is smith machine(they all work out together).

This could get out of hand…[/quote]

Lol

[quote]vroom wrote:
E-man wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if most T-Nation members are mutes or just socially retarded and have trouble communicating with others while at the gym.[/quote]

You are pretty non-insightful. Many of the posters here all work in a professional capacity.

I’ve engaged the SRC crowd. It’s not a pleasure. They feel they are properly using the squat rack.

Talking to them is pointless.

I’ve found the best revenge is to get one of these for your very own.

[quote]TornadoTommy wrote:
I’ve found the best revenge is to get one of these for your very own.[/quote]

Damn that’s a lot of plates for a home gym.

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
I saw a guy trying to do power cleans in the smith machine the other day.[/quote]

At least they weren’t curling in the squat rack.

[quote]PGA wrote:
[/quote]

That’s a damn funny pic, PGA!

[quote]TornadoTommy wrote:
I’ve found the best revenge is to get one of these for your very own.[/quote]

good idea! Now you can curl at home without these guys giving you such a hard time. :wink: