Revenge on the Douchebags

I found a way to exact revenge on all of the people who make me wait to boxsquat because they are curling an oly bar with nickels on either side…

… I do joint traction work preworkout and once a week i do 30 minutes of joint traction and other band work… with the band affixed to…

the Smith Machine!

Thus I tie up this piece of equipment for at least 10 minutes pre-workout, and 30-40 minutes when I do a band-only workout.

Petty? Sure. But revenge is always petty - and also fun.

I respect you more for this. Seriously.

Ever see someone who does every exercise in the smith machine? There is not one but two guys at my gym that do this.

we got 5 guys at my gym that all they do is smith machine(they all work out together).

dude next time you squat utilize every nickel and dime in the gym. seriously load the whole frickn bar with them and then make a nice double stack for your ass cheeks.

There’s always the crazy idea of politely asking them to move to a curling station. Sometimes I wonder if most T-Nation members are mutes or just socially retarded and have trouble communicating with others while at the gym.

Not pointing any fingers but if everyone didn’t inflate their ego to 50 PSI the second they step foot in the gym and let their physiques and strength do the talking then I’d bet a lot better workouts would be had by all. A lot of us are there for the same purpose so why does it always seem like people try to make enemys and not allies. Brotherhood of iron fellas.

[quote]E-man wrote:
A lot of us are there for the same purpose so why does it always seem like people try to make enemys and not allies. Brotherhood of iron fellas.[/quote]

I don’t want people who curl 55 lbs. in the squat rack to become part of my “brotherhood.” Dudes who curl 155 lbs. in the squat rack are an entirely different story.

Damn! My best is 145/6. I guess I’m not welcome in the brotherhood yet…

Good one on tying up the smith. What I do is take all the under 20 lb dbs and lock them in the aerobics room when people are getting on my nerves. When they nearly break toes dropping the heavier ones on their curls I nearly drop whatever I’m doing.

I have also brought female clients over while idiots are doing there thing and have them completely blow them away. See a moron doing pull ups with 100 assist pounds? Bring my 120 lb female client over, strap a 25 to her and have her knock out ten. See how long moron stays around you.

Idiot doing abs? Bring my 40 year old mother of three over and have her knock out supersets of accordians, DB sit ups from decline and weighted leg raises next to said moron. Then when she stands moron see’s better abs than he will get in this life on a 105 lb 40 yr old female mother of three.

There are a million ways to have fun with these guys.

[quote]E-man wrote:
There’s always the crazy idea of politely asking them to move to a curling station. Sometimes I wonder if most T-Nation members are mutes or just socially retarded and have trouble communicating with others while at the gym.
[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]
E-man wrote:
There’s always the crazy idea of politely asking them to move to a curling station.[/quote]

What’s a curling station?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/5/b/5be8b-D3Tom_Kishman’s_Gas_Station_on_LH.jpg

[quote]malonetd wrote:
What’s a curling station?[/quote]

[quote]malonetd wrote:

E-man wrote:
There’s always the crazy idea of politely asking them to move to a curling station.

What’s a curling station?[/quote]

Anything other than a squat rack…

[quote]PGA wrote:
a picture…
[/quote]

You know, I was going to post a picture of some curlers, but I made that reply at like 2 am and I was too tired to search the internet. Thanks for doing it for me.

I fail to understand how any sane human being could curl on a rack. I mean, just charge less weight, damn you.

[quote]swivel wrote:
dude next time you squat utilize every nickel and dime in the gym. seriously load the whole frickn bar with them and then make a nice double stack for your ass cheeks. remove one plate each set like it’s a progression to go 1/2 inch lower each set. get some snapshots of the confused dudes looking for their plates.

[/quote]

LOL there was a guy at my old gym(just closed) that did this only on the bench press, it was funny see this guy benching like 200+ lbs all in 10s

Have you ever been asked to give a guy a spot while benching on a smith machine? I have.

PGA that’s the funniest I’ve seen from you yet.

Curling station- The little apparatus that looks like 2 saw horses that sometimes has a built in weight tree rack with a compass in the stock and a little thing which tells time. Also referred to as an E-Z bar holder.

[quote]Bad John wrote:
Have you ever been asked to give a guy a spot while benching on a smith machine? I have. [/quote]

Yea, I know. The guy really should have waited until you were done benching before asking you for a spot.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
I found a way to exact revenge on all of the people who make me wait to boxsquat because they are curling an oly bar with nickels on either side…

… I do joint traction work preworkout and once a week i do 30 minutes of joint traction and other band work… with the band affixed to…

the Smith Machine!

Thus I tie up this piece of equipment for at least 10 minutes pre-workout, and 30-40 minutes when I do a band-only workout.

Petty? Sure. But revenge is always petty - and also fun.[/quote]
Once again dispelling the myth that two wrongs can’t make a right. I feel karma has been somewhat satisfied.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

the Smith Machine!

Petty? Sure. But revenge is always petty - and also fun.[/quote]

I love it!!! I have to start doing this at my gym!!!