Is it April 1? When did the Spectator start carrying Onion articles?
YOU CAN’T SAY THAT: Politico’s banned words
- Crack the whip: unacceptable because of origins in slavery
- Waiter or waitress: server should be used instead
- Biological gender, biological sex, biological woman, biological female, biological man, or biological male
- Illegal immigrant or illegal alien
- Cake walk: “originated during slavery” and thus perpetuates “racist motifs”
- In reference to illegal migration: onslaught, tidal wave, flood, inundation, surge, invasion, army, march, sneak and stealth
- Anchor baby
- Chain migration: this is a term used by “immigration hard-liners”
- Peanut gallery: “the cheapest seats often occupied by Black people and people with low incomes”
- Third-world countries: too “derogatory”
Thanks to the constant complaints by woke staffers, transgender coverage at Politico now reads like pure propaganda rather than well-informed and reasoned reportage. A late-March piece in Playbook Nightly by Renuka Rayasam “explained” the issue of medical transitions for children. The article referred to puberty blockers, hormone therapies and surgeries for children as “gender-affirming medical care” and quoted three “transgender health experts,” all of whom downplayed potentially life-altering and damaging side effects of such treatments. Effects of hormone therapy on future fertility and bone density, one of the doctors claimed, for example, could be “reversed.”
So when does the “gender-affirming medical care” get removed from the controlled substances list? When will my Bodybuilder and androgen using brothers / sisters / others stop being discriminated against?
I’ve often wondered why the FDA classifies testosterone as a controlled substance. According to the CDC, a drug or other substance is tightly controlled by the government because it may be abused or cause addiction. Labeling testosterone as a controlled substance makes gender affirming hormonal therapy for transgender men and non-binary individuals restrictive.
Quick fix: relabel all AAS by their proper name and a pass a bill called the “2023 Androgen Freedom Act (AFA)”.