Rev. Phelps Protests Soldiers Funerals!

This is probably the sickest thing I’ve ever read. This guy is organizing protests at our fallen soldiers funerals to show that God is punishing America.

This is an excerpt from an email I received from a biker friend of mine.

[i]We had a very good turnout!

www.tonganoxiemirror.com/section/breaking_news/story/8437

Here’s my take on the day… I rolled in to Tonganoxie about 9:30. I’m not sure how I felt about this. All I knew was that I had to be here. The sign on the bank said 44 degrees. Big deal, I lost feeling in my fingers 20 miles ago. The original meeting spot was at Casey’s, but our ranks were quickly outgrowing the parking lot, so we were relocated to a grocery store parking lot that could handle the 190+ bikes that showed up. We were grouped up and had a briefing, a prayer was said and we started lining up waiting for the call to head out. Our leader reminded us that we were there to show support for this family and community and we will not allow his memory to be desecrated (and I think he looked at me when he said “No Profanity”).
11:40 we got the call, two abreast we rolled in, BIG flags in front. First were the American flags, followed by POW, American Legion, USMC, Navy, Air Force, Army and Coast Guard. Flags lined the streets and flags were on every bike.
As we’re pulling out, I think about my kids. My kids that are the same age as this kid I’ve never met, never even heard of until 2 days ago. I think about his 20 year old widow. I feel for his parents whose son was shot on his birthday, and I think about how disgusted I am that these vermin-scum are here to taunt these grieving people. I have a huge lump in my throat and my vision’s getting blurry. I wonder why this is necessary.

We arrived, parked and got off our bikes. We can see their signs. Now I’m mad again and, at this point, all I want is one swing at the bastards. The 200-plus of us gather across the street and for the first time I get a close look at the dickweeds. There’s maybe 8 of them and most of them are freaking KIDS!! A couple were college age, most were younger, there’s a young girl maybe 8yrs old and she looks like she’s dancing, but there’s no music…big smile, dancing, laughing and jumping around. I watched her for a bit before I realized, she’s stomping on the AMERICAN FLAG (insert massive expletives here!!) !! I’m shocked! I can’t FCKING BELIEVE THIS! (for those who know me, you know how hard it was for me to go this far into the story without the “F word”).
As a group, we turned our backs to the vermin-scum, they’re not worthy of our time.
I’m quietly reminding myself that I didn’t come here to fight, I’m here to try to help. I glance up on the roof…police sniper watching those freaks, cool!
About that time a woman starts singing. I can’t tell who it is and I can’t hear her very well, but it sounds like “God Bless America”. It got kind of quiet & I realized that she’s singing “God HATES America”!! ARE YOU F
CKING KIDDING ME?? I can feel my face getting red, I spot a tire iron lying on the ground (just in case). Our group drowns her out with the Pledge of Allegiance.

My mind is kind of in a daze at this point. To me, it’s very ironic to think that the man in the casket died protecting the FREEDOM of the low-life scumbags standing at his funeral STOMPING on the flag!!

That freaking lump in my throat is back and my vision is blurry again. I’m thankful for dark sunglasses.

I’m telling myself (again) that I’m not here to fight, but I can’t stop feeling disgusted. It’s one thing to express your opinion and/or religion, but this guy is exploiting this freedom of expression in some backwards ass attempt to piss on the grave of someone’s child. If that wasn’t low enough he sends CHILDREN, little KIDS, to do his dirty work.
Why is an 8 year olds holding signs that say “God hates Fags”? What does someone tell an 8 year old to validate this kind of behavior? What kind of reasoning are you using to tell your 8 year old that she needs to hate fags and “today we’re going to drive to a funeral and when we get there, you’re going to hold up this sign and 200 angry grown ups are going to yell at you!”
There is something obscene here, something so surreal that my feeble mind cannot fathom.

Stupidity breeding hate. Kids holding signs preaching hate. His stupidity is obvious, his hate is contagious, he must be eradicated. I’d be happy to handle the task.

I left home this morning on my bike with the sole purpose of lending a hand. I came to pay homage to 22 year old Spc. Lucas Franz. I somehow hoped that my being there would provide some amount of comfort to his young widowed wife, and his parents and family. I never met him, but I’ll remember him and this day for a long time. I’ve never had a day like today where my emotions were run through the gamut. It’s 3 am and I still can’t stop the tears.

To get a real grasp on this sick individual go to: www.godhatesfags.com (BE ADVISED: DISTURBING)

Ride safe!
Support our troops!! [/i]

http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/section/frontpage_lead/story/8440

There’s not much I can add. I’m sick to my stomach that people like this exist. I feel for the families of our soldiers that have to worry about this asshole interrupting their time of mourning. If this guy and his group comes anywhere near Phoenix, you can bet that I’ll be there supporting our troops and their families.

Fred Phelps is a cancer.

Hmmm…
They are going to be picketing in Fort Wayne, Ind. tomorrow, thats not a far drive at all being that I am in Indy. Nope better not! Me in jail… not a good thing. What a bunch of Jackasses, I really can’t believe there are people like that in this country, hell this world. How low are you when you picket someones funeral, believe what ever the hell you want that is still wrong!

So you guys know where I stand, I am not advocating homosexuality. As a Christian I agree with the statement that the Bible calls it an abomination. That being said, please don’t anyone for a minute think that this guy Phelps is a Christian. He invokes John 3:16 as proof that Jesus died on the cross “only” for believers. A real Christian would point to John 3:17 that says: “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” This guy Phelps is clearly spending his time condemning people rather than leading them to the truth. We are all made in the image of God- He doesn’t hate any of us.

[quote]gregbrock wrote:
So you guys know where I stand, I am not advocating homosexuality. As a Christian I agree with the statement that the Bible calls it an abomination. That being said, please don’t anyone for a minute think that this guy Phelps is a Christian. He invokes John 3:16 as proof that Jesus died on the cross “only” for believers. A real Christian would point to John 3:17 that says: “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” This guy Phelps is clearly spending his time condemning people rather than leading them to the truth. We are all made in the image of God- He doesn’t hate any of us.[/quote]

Well said.

[quote]gregbrock wrote:
So you guys know where I stand, I am not advocating homosexuality. As a Christian I agree with the statement that the Bible calls it an abomination. That being said, please don’t anyone for a minute think that this guy Phelps is a Christian. He invokes John 3:16 as proof that Jesus died on the cross “only” for believers. A real Christian would point to John 3:17 that says: “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” This guy Phelps is clearly spending his time condemning people rather than leading them to the truth. We are all made in the image of God- He doesn’t hate any of us.[/quote]

Wouldn’t god hate an abomination?

[quote]harris447 wrote:
gregbrock wrote:
So you guys know where I stand, I am not advocating homosexuality. As a Christian I agree with the statement that the Bible calls it an abomination. That being said, please don’t anyone for a minute think that this guy Phelps is a Christian. He invokes John 3:16 as proof that Jesus died on the cross “only” for believers. A real Christian would point to John 3:17 that says: “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” This guy Phelps is clearly spending his time condemning people rather than leading them to the truth. We are all made in the image of God- He doesn’t hate any of us.

[/quote]

No, not if you work from the premise that God loves all people, however flawed they might be… and some of us are more flawed than others. Phelps goes a little more to the flawed end of the scale (I guess that’s kind of an understatement, huh?)

[quote]harris447 wrote:

[/quote]

God hates sin. He does not rank sin like we tend to as humans. The only unforgiveable sin in God’s eyes is to reject Jesus Christ.

I’m from Kansas, Fred is a big joke. His “congregation” is now down to family members only. I’ve been two places this year that he protested, it’s not even worth looking at. I think Fred missed his calling, he missed the crusades by several hundred years.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
harris447 wrote:
gregbrock wrote:

No, not if you work from the premise that God loves all people, however flawed they might be… and some of us are more flawed than others. Phelps goes a little more to the flawed end of the scale (I guess that’s kind of an understatement, huh?)[/quote]

I was just trying to point out that anyone who says “I agree with the statement that the bible calls it[homosexuality] an abomination” is kind of douchebag. I guess I was too subtle.

I took a minute to surf around his site and related links.

This guy is so far removed from reality its sickening.

What is this bullshit? A man dies in the service of his country and people protest? WTF! I don’t care how you feel about the war in Iraq, but desecrating a man’s funneral is WRONG! That soldier didn’t ask to go to war, he did what he was told to do and died for it. You don’t have to like the war, but you should respect the men and women in the war. As an American citizen you have the right to not be happy with the USA, but stomping on the flag during the funneral of a fallen soldier should get you slapped, or at least those parents of that 8 year old slapped. What the hell is wrong with people?

I’m trying to figure out exactly how this nut-job is all that much different than the Sheehan version.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I’m trying to figure out exactly how this nut-job is all that much different than the Sheehan version.[/quote]

He takes ignorance and bigotry to a level few can match. Maybe Farakhan on his best day, but I doubt even that.

Sheehan is just a sad little puppet of the media. I feel sorry for her.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I’m trying to figure out exactly how this nut-job is all that much different than the Sheehan version.[/quote]

Maybe because the “nut-job” Sheehan has the moral standing of having LOST HER SON IN THE WAR YOU LOVE SO MUCH.

You pathetic shithead.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I’m trying to figure out exactly how this nut-job is all that much different than the Sheehan version.

Maybe because the “nut-job” Sheehan has the moral standing of having LOST HER SON IN THE WAR YOU LOVE SO MUCH.

You pathetic shithead.

[/quote]

Kinda twisted off there 'eh Harris?

True, Sheehan does have some moral standing because she has lost a son to the war. The freak preacher has none.

Sheehan has the right to speak her mind and say her peace. However, she has sadly become a toy of the media in this country, has been used by them and the Liberal end of the Democrats and been made into a pathetic figure. Her fifteen minutes are over and sadly she can’t go on with her life.

As I said, I feel sorry for Sheehan. I feel sorow for anyone who loses a child. I don’t however agree with her message, her methods and while I will respect her the right to act a fool, I’ll also exercise my right to ignore her.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

You pathetic shithead.

[/quote]

That gives her moral standing? The fact her son made a choice she disagreed with? We can all feel for her loss, but it doesn’t make her any less of a kook.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
harris447 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

You pathetic shithead.

That gives her moral standing? The fact her son made a choice she disagreed with? We can all feel for her loss, but it doesn’t make her any less of a kook.[/quote]

What makes her a kook?

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I don’t agree with Sheehan’s message, but at least she isn’t delivering it by stomping on a flag at a soldiers funeral. I’d have to say that Phelps is a much bigger nut job.

Next you know, he’ll be barricading himself and his followers in a compound somewhere…

[quote]harris447 wrote:
You pathetic shithead.

[/quote]

Is that the best you’ve got? I think you just defined pathetic with your posts on this thread.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
harris447 wrote:
You pathetic shithead.

Is that the best you’ve got? I think you just defined pathetic with your posts on this thread.

[/quote]

No, YOU are! Nice comeback, Rainman.