Reusable Toilet Wipes

http://living.wallypop.net/wipes.html

Doesn’t that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? I’m going to head outside and hug a tree.

John

I figured from the graphics it was for pre-diaper prep work, but after reading this:

[i]“Alright,” you say, “You’ve convinced me about cloth diapers, and I understand using cloth gift bags and napkins. But toilet paper??” For some people, making the switch to cloth toilet wipes is a huge leap, that’s true. But it doesn’t need to be!

Using cloth toilet wipes actually has many advantages. For one, it’s a lot more comfortable and soft on your most delicate body parts. It’s also more economical, uses less paper, and saves you those late-night trips to the store. And cloth wipes can be used wet without any of the sopping disintegration that regular toilet paper is prone to. For a discussion of the practical aspects of using cloth toilet wipes, please check out our page detailing How to Use Cloth Wipes."[/i]

… I concluded otherwise. I suppose it’s a step up from using your hand.

Have people never heard of a bidet?

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
Have people never heard of a bidet?[/quote]

or the 3 seashells

Or cottonelle wet wipes?

or hands?

[quote]Mr.Bill wrote:
Squiggles wrote:

or the 3 seashells
[/quote]

How do the seashells work?

I just use my corporate greed in order to afford my own toilet hippies.

They toss my salad after every dump.

“Get in there hippy and make it shine! Its for the environment.”

That is what i call “true” recyling.

I heard about this on PTI today, no thanks.

Stupidness.

Everything has a trade-off. All of the excess water usage that is going to be required to clean all of this cloth garbage is going to have a negative effect upon the environment. Next thing you’ll hear we should go back to using a bucket and washing board to clean everything…

[quote]Mr.Bill wrote:
Squiggles wrote:

or the 3 seashells
[/quote]

Nice Reference Squig ;-).

Just use your hand like the rest of the world.

[quote]AlexD wrote:
Mr.Bill wrote:
Squiggles wrote:

or the 3 seashells

[/quote]

Yes, def. pulled that one out of obscurity. Demolition Man, right?

[quote]patricio2626 wrote:
AlexD wrote:
Mr.Bill wrote:
Squiggles wrote:

or the 3 seashells

Yes, def. pulled that one out of obscurity. Demolition Man, right?[/quote]

correct. Awesome movie

I like trees too but, damn…

I’ve got to wonder - who would ever volunteer to do that wash, and on a regular basis? Can you imagine the noxious odour trapped in the laundry bag? Not to mention the visual assault.

Consider the toxic waste produced by the average big protein eater. Then mix in the morning-after results of a night out on the town, downing curry and pints. Crikey.

John

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Stupidness.

Everything has a trade-off. All of the excess water usage that is going to be required to clean all of this cloth garbage is going to have a negative effect upon the environment. Next thing you’ll hear we should go back to using a bucket and washing board to clean everything…[/quote]

From the website:

"Washing Wipes
If you have kids in diapers, wash with the diapers.

If you don’t have kids in diapers, I recommend washing wipes separately from the rest of your laundry. Wash in hot, dry in the dryer. You may add whatever laundry additives you desire - chlorine bleach, oxygen bleach, tea tree oil, lavender oil, stain remover, whatever."

So, putting aside for a moment the whole issue of handling the family poo pile, how does this water and sanitizer procedure have a net positive impact on the environment?

I can get behind low-flow or composting toilets, but the fervent tree-huggers need to be more thoughtful in their analysis.

I feel that many green proponents won’t be satisfied until we are all living in their idyllic re-imagining of the pre-industrial era, but with broadband internet.

John

[quote]thrasher wrote:
Mr.Bill wrote:
Squiggles wrote:

or the 3 seashells

How do the seashells work?[/quote]

“you dont know how to use the 3 seashells?!?!”

was that rob snyders 1st movie?

[quote]cakewalk wrote:
Cortes wrote:
Stupidness.

Everything has a trade-off. All of the excess water usage that is going to be required to clean all of this cloth garbage is going to have a negative effect upon the environment. Next thing you’ll hear we should go back to using a bucket and washing board to clean everything…

From the website:

"Washing Wipes
If you have kids in diapers, wash with the diapers.

If you don’t have kids in diapers, I recommend washing wipes separately from the rest of your laundry. Wash in hot, dry in the dryer. You may add whatever laundry additives you desire - chlorine bleach, oxygen bleach, tea tree oil, lavender oil, stain remover, whatever."

So, putting aside for a moment the whole issue of handling the family poo pile, how does this water and sanitizer procedure have a net positive impact on the environment?

I can get behind low-flow or composting toilets, but the fervent tree-huggers need to be more thoughtful in their analysis.

I feel that many green proponents won’t be satisfied until we are all living in their idyllic re-imagining of the pre-industrial era, but with broadband internet.

John[/quote]

YA! that was my first thought, thats what we need, untreated feces filtering back into the water supply somehow.
i dont care how much soap you use, if you wash them by hand(eww!) im not using the sink after, wash em in the washing machine, my clothes are not going next!

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
Just use your hand like Sheryl Crow.[/quote]

Fixed