Returning Vets = Terrorists?

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

There’s also been some anti-Muslim rhetoric that I think was right on the line. One poster suggested that the US should create “Death Camps.”

Unless you can present this post, I will add “unable to read” to my opinions of you.

And “Internment” does NOT equal “Death,” Mr. Grad School.

You can call me “unable to” whatever you’d like, Mr. Nihongo Jouzu. I’m not really sure why you’re attempting to “call me out” for this particular point anyway. You are not the poster I was speaking of, and the expression “death camps” was shocking enough to stick with me. But feel free to google it yourself.

Why this btw? Have YOU called for internment camps? Or do you simply support anything anti-Muslim?

Nah, much more simple than that.

You and your incessant know-it-all, hyperbolic sarcasm deserve derision.

You have something to contribute, then say it.[/quote]

Pretty sure I did in my first post. Before you “called me out” and were proven foolish. You were saying something about reading capacity?

[quote]
But you can shove that condescending “any other view than mine is laughable” attitude up your pseudo-intellectual ass.[/quote]

Nah, there’s a lot of views that I disagree with that are worthy of respect… unfortunately many of those exposed here simply are not. I don’t really remember any of your posts though, perhaps you are worthy, perhaps not. Based on what you chose to “call me out on” though, I doubt it.

[quote] And as for my “nihongo,” well, tameshite miru ki ga areba, yatte miro!

Baka.[/quote]

ganbaremashita ne! Do you really want to compare our Japanese writing and reading language dick length bakayaro? Why don’t you start another thread for that, Mr. Nihongo Jouzu.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
… should have been more of a death camp…

…does not equal “the US should create death camps.”[/quote]

Boy you’re right! He was calling for one death camp and indiscriminately dropping nukes so as to “wipe out” the Afghan, Iraqi and Iranian people…

…what a poor memory I have.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Given some of the threats even here on PWI, homeland security should be watching out for this… it is their job. [/quote]

You can’t be serious.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
orion wrote:
Chushin wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

There’s also been some anti-mulsim rhetoric that I think was right on the line. One poster suggested that the US should create “Death Camps.”

Unless you can present this post, I will add “unable to read” to my opinions of you.

[i]"I don’t want those guys at Gitmo tortured anymore than you do. They should each be humanely shot in the head.

Then, the Iranians, who unleashed these vermin on the planet, should be bombed into the Stone Age. Make Iran a prarie and let the buffalo roam…"[/i]

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/more_torture_pictures

How 'bout this?

How is that the same thing as “create death camps?”

Well these would be permanent institutions that existed for the sole purpose of killing people.

“These?” What “these” are you referring to? Is there more than one Gitmo? Did someone call for the establishment of more Gitmos?

We call that a “death camp”.

I know your English is poor, but try to keep your singular & plural straight, ok? “…that a death camp” is singular. But above you’re talking in the plural.

Pretty sloppy logic for a self-declared genius…

[/quote]

If that is all you have I win.

Yay for me.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Chushin wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

There’s also been some anti-mulsim rhetoric that I think was right on the line. One poster suggested that the US should create “Death Camps.”

[i]"I don’t want those guys at Gitmo tortured anymore than you do. They should each be humanely shot in the head.

Then, the Iranians, who unleashed these vermin on the planet, should be bombed into the Stone Age. Make Iran a prarie and let the buffalo roam…"[/i]

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/more_torture_pictures

How 'bout this?

How is that the same thing as “create death camps?”

Chushin is correct. When you let your enemies live, you are in effect telling them that they have a moral right to do whatever they are doing. “Hey, they don’t kill us…they must agree with us!!”

Kill or be killed, right and wrong, good and evil; The world is actually a very simple place.

[/quote]

Well if that is so, America must die so that the world can live, because obviously simply coexisting is not an option for you.

[quote]orion wrote:
Well if that is so, America must die so that the world can live, because obviously simply coexisting is not an option for you.
[/quote]

Ah-oh, they’ll be looking at you now!

[quote]orion wrote:
Well these would be permanent institutions that existed for the sole purpose of killing people.
[/quote]

The US does not have anything like this.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Chushin is correct. When you let your enemies live, you are in effect telling them that they have a moral right to do whatever they are doing. “Hey, they don’t kill us…they must agree with us!!”

Kill or be killed, right and wrong, good and evil; The world is actually a very simple place.

[/quote]

The problem is how you define “enemies”. If you are talking about people who are actively engaged in shooting at you, then the world is absolutely black and white. If you start killing people who might have been engaged in shooting at you, without first proving it, you’re no better than the Khmer Rouge.

To use the current situation as an example: we have utterly failed to convict and sentence those that we hold, and by doing so, we have elevated them above the status of the common criminals that they are. Do criminals see jail as tacit approval of their crimes? That’s absurd. Criminals are punished, and not every crime deserves death.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

ganbaremashita ne! Do you really want to compare our Japanese writing and reading language dick length bakayaro? Why don’t you start another thread for that, Mr. Nihongo Jouzu.

I see.

You make it an issue by calling me Mr. Nihongo Jouzu, then criticize my acceptance of your challenge. Uh-huh.

Maybe your Japanese is pretty good. Who knows?

But so far I’ve seen you write nothing in Japanese that some pimply-faced JET reject couldn’t have picked up teaching English here.

Me? I’ve got translations published, and regularly teach in Japanese.

But of course, I’m just making that up, right?

No matter. If this little exchange we’ve had gets you to stop with your childish “Oh I LOVE this place!!” “Please, keep on writing such great shit!!1!!” “Kill all them there muzlims!!!” “All Muslims are the Devil!” sarcastic crap, I (and most here) will be satisfied.

I can barely stomach know-it-all trash like you, but sometimes a man just gotta take one for the team.

Sayonara, asshole. [/quote]

What a big man for stepping away! …it’s not like you started this whole “debate” with YOUR name calling and condescension (who started the “Mr.” bit again?). It’s not like you were completely wrong in your accusations or anything.
…And what a surprise, a “lifer” in japan is sensitive about his Japanese level.

(PS… have you really translated? That’s some good stuff man. Are you a teacher in a high school? Uni? )

[quote]dhickey wrote:
jawara wrote:
“Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists,” it says. “DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities.”

I would agree with this. Just as they probably want people that write, are good public speakers, have money, or influence with other groups of people.

This is precisely the reason I regret not going in as a young man. I could personally give two shits about serving my country over seas. I would just like the training to serve my fellow countrymen here if need be.

So add this and some of my other “right wing” views and they very well may put me on it.

I am really on the fense with thesewatch lists. Part of me doesn’t like the idea of “watching” people that haven’t done anything wrong. On the other hand, I think our law enforcement needs to profile to some extent. As long as they aren’t bugging your private property or otherwise infringing on your individual rights, I say you just have to deal with it. If you aren’t doing anything illegal, you shouldn’t have to worry about it. If you are doing something you shouldn’t be doing, you better be smart about it and assume you are on some sort of watch list.

Check out this article about making political statements in uniform: OPFOR | To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
I can actually see reasoning behind this. The uniform is a trademark or is owned by the military. The military should not be a political. So wear a t-shirt that says I am an Army Sergeant, but don’t where you uniform. Much like UPS might not like a driver parking his truck outside a strip joint and going inside wearing his uniform.
[/quote]

well, personally i think the whole thing is stupid. anyone understands the skills that a combat veteran has, but it doesn’t need to be said that they might have information that could assist these groups. just like you said, anyone with specific training could help these causes…

i read the official DHS file, and the only example they provide is Tim Mcveigh. well, with a million or so vets, you’d think they could have been a bit more specific about recent issues or threats.

the current administration is going out of its way to offend and isolate returning war vets…how 'bout the issues with the VA and gun control? turning over vets medical records?

all in all, i just think it was a dumb thing to point out. veterans are simply not a threat to law abiding member of the US.

[quote]jawara wrote:

So for example, the Navy SEALs that just killed those pirates could be placed on a watch list if they don’t support gay marriage or abortion.[/quote]

Gimme a break. Political views are one thing. Threats of illegal militant force to achieve objectives is quite another. The Oklahoma City bombing was quite another thing.

This article is purely hypothetical and it is concerned with the prospect of the latter, domestic terrorist organizations. And not stamping out political discourse.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
orion wrote:

The US does not have anything like this.[/quote]

I am about 80-90% sure that you are right.

A few years ago though that would have been unthinkable.

Chushin wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

I see.

You make it an issue by calling me Mr. Nihongo Jouzu, then criticize my acceptance of your challenge. Uh-huh.

Maybe your Japanese is pretty good. Who knows?

But so far I’ve seen you write nothing in Japanese that some pimply-faced JET reject couldn’t have picked up teaching English here.

Me? I’ve got translations published, and regularly teach in Japanese.

But of course, I’m just making that up, right?

No matter. If this little exchange we’ve had gets you to stop with your childish “Oh I LOVE this place!!” “Please, keep on writing such great shit!!1!!” “Kill all them there muzlims!!!” “All Muslims are the Devil!” sarcastic crap, I (and most here) will be satisfied.

I can barely stomach know-it-all trash like you, but sometimes a man just gotta take one for the team.

Sayonara, asshole.

What a big man for stepping away! …it’s not like you started this whole “debate” with YOUR name calling and condescension (who started the “Mr.” bit again?). It’s not like you were completely wrong in your accusations or anything.
…And what a surprise, a “lifer” in japan is sensitive about his Japanese level.

(PS… have you really translated? That’s some good stuff man. Are you a teacher in a high school? Uni? )[/quote]

There is something to be said about a site where a dick waving contest is about who is more fluent in Japanese.

[quote]orion wrote:

There is something to be said about a site where a dick waving contest is about who is more fluent in Japanese.

[/quote]

Every single expat board out of Japan I’ve ever been on has a Japanese speaking dick-waving contest almost monthly. I don’t know what it is about Japanese society that causes foreigners who move there to try to “rank” themselves in such a fashion. Have you ever heard of such a thing in, say, Spanish?

orion wrote:

Every single expat board out of Japan I’ve ever been on has a Japanese speaking dick-waving contest almost monthly. I don’t know what it is about Japanese society that causes foreigners who move there to try to “rank” themselves in such a fashion. Have you ever heard of such a thing in, say, Spanish? [/quote]

Because the Japanese are impressed by the ability to speak their language like a true Japanese. An old buddy of mine runs and English school in Japan and told me this.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
jawara wrote:

So for example, the Navy SEALs that just killed those pirates could be placed on a watch list if they don’t support gay marriage or abortion.

Gimme a break. Political views are one thing. Threats of illegal militant force to achieve objectives is quite another. The Oklahoma City bombing was quite another thing.

This article is purely hypothetical and it is concerned with the prospect of the latter, domestic terrorist organizations. And not stamping out political discourse.[/quote]

The fact that the document can from the DHS is the disgusting part. It reads like a radical thesis…something a kid would write.

If you think there was NO political motivation behind this,and behind the release of this and timing, think again.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
jawara wrote:

So for example, the Navy SEALs that just killed those pirates could be placed on a watch list if they don’t support gay marriage or abortion.

This article is purely hypothetical and it is concerned with the prospect of the latter, domestic terrorist organizations. And not stamping out political discourse.

The fact that the document can from the DHS is the disgusting part. It reads like a radical thesis…something a kid would write.

If you think there was NO political motivation behind this,and behind the release of this and timing, think again.[/quote]

Oh this is obviously a ploy by the obama administration to try and marginalize right thinking people. First they tried the whole “Rush Limbaugh is the head of the Republican party”,when that didn’t now they are trying to make it look like people on the right are bat shit terrorist crazy. That won’t work either, because the people who love this country to the point of giving their life for it are on the right.

What that moron did was marginalize herself… It’s one thing to pick on a small fringe, it’s a whole other thing to pick on the ideology that millions upon millions of people subscribe too. I’ve come to expect nothing intelligent to come from this administration. This is all a trick, a dog and pony show hoping that people will act like sheep and just jump on…

These people support the murder or tiny human beings, who is bat shit crazy, really? Murder’s, or conservatives who work hard provide for their families and obey the law…You decide.

orion wrote:

Every single expat board out of Japan I’ve ever been on has a Japanese speaking dick-waving contest almost monthly. I don’t know what it is about Japanese society that causes foreigners who move there to try to “rank” themselves in such a fashion. Have you ever heard of such a thing in, say, Spanish? [/quote]

Every single one? Really?