Return to Training

Hey everyone, I was looking for some help with my return to training. I am pretty fat and weak right now and am looking to get into shape for when I resume grappling in a couple months.

I was involved in an accident that had me out of action for quite a while which meant i got quite fat and my lean mass is meant for a man much lower on the scale than me.

I want to look better obviously but not bodybuilder big just not fat and relatively in shape. My main goal is sportive.

After reading various articles on s&c and what not I have decided to post a routine I have come up with that I can do at my gym which is pretty shit and that will be done in conjunction with a high protein paleo diet.

STRENGTH TRAINING:

GLUTE,QUAD,HAMSTRING,CORE

ROMANIAN DEADLIFT (6X6)
FRONT SQUAT (6X6)
LEG RAISES (6X6)

FRONT DELT,LOWERBACK,UPPERBACK

MILITARY PRESS (6X6)
DEADLIFT (6X6)
ROWS (6X6)

PECTORALS,TRICEP,BICEPS,LATS

BENCH PRESS (6X6)
DIPS (6X6)
CHINUPS (6X6)

CONDITIONING TRAINING:

1 MILE SPEED RUN

25 MINUTES JUMP ROPE

6 CONE SPRINTS X 6

M-S
T-C
W-S
T-C
F-S
S-C
S-R

Looks fine, good job making a program for yourself.

I personallly like to do more reps per set for leg raises and rows, but there isn’t anything wrong with your plan.

Cheers mike. How much would this program benefit athletic performance and how much would it benefit me via hypertrophy and improving body comp?

Was also thinking maybe a 3 day 5x5 starting lightish and adding a kg a week to the lifts

FRONT SQUAT 5X5

BENCH PRESS 5X5

MILITARY PRESS 5X5

DEADLIFT 5X5