Return of the Valkyrie

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
It’s about time ![/quote]

X2!

And YAY!!

Can’t wait to see what you’re up to.

[quote]Doc L wrote:
Link to previous log (don’t hurt yourself, it is only 2 pages)

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/Doc%20L#myForums/thread/3670066/[/quote]

Bah FAIL! Take 2 crosses fingers

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_women_training_performance_powerful/docs_bmc_log

to continue the conversation from last year I’ve tried the Sterling Chardonnay at an oyster tasting - fabulous.

:wink:

welcome

Double fucking fail. sigh

I wrote out this rather epic and detailed post last night, uploaded it and poof! Into the black hole of TN it went. Seriously annoying.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by everyone. It is nice to be participating on the site again. It really helps to keep me focused on training and such. No promises that I won’t vanish again Bear, but I would appreciate a poke (heh) or two if I start to become scarce.

Will post goals, stats, training details etc, later today.

regarding disappearing crap:

this happens too often so I’ve taken the habit of copying my longer posts to Word in case

And the current trend for no-shows is to poste naked men in your log as a lure. let us know if you prefer a different gender and/or lolcat bombing :wink:

[quote]Doc L wrote:

[quote]Doc L wrote:
Link to previous log (don’t hurt yourself, it is only 2 pages)

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/Doc%20L#myForums/thread/3670066/[/quote]

Bah FAIL! Take 2 crosses fingers

Ok, read and I guess I’m now current…

I see I am a relative newbie here @ T-Nation.

Great attitde towards receiving gifts, btw.

[quote]nlmain wrote:
regarding disappearing crap:

this happens too often so I’ve taken the habit of copying my longer posts to Word in case

And the current trend for no-shows is to poste naked men in your log as a lure. let us know if you prefer a different gender and/or lolcat bombing :wink:
[/quote]

Ooh, ooh that will work! I like that idea. Lolcats are always welcome but I am rather partial to photos of naked men. Although, I must say that you take some of the most beautiful photos here. :slight_smile:

Just chillin’ today. Went out for cocktails and darts with the girlies last night. Felt good to get out and have some fun. I work too freaking much.

So, I guess I should attempt to sort of rewrite the post that disappeared the other day.

Current stats:
5? 4?
140 (fuck it all)
Around 23-24% bodyfat (BEI)

Fairy Princess Fantasyland stats:
5? 6? (obviously not gonna happen)
120 (ridiculous for my frame, 130 is probably something to shoot for)
16% (20% would thrill me and is realistic to achieve and maintain)

After looking over my previous log I see that I have definitely made some progress! I have put a little bit of solid mass on my legs and shoulders and I am much stronger. I haven?t been as consistent as I would like though. I really let my job interfere with training when things start to get crazy, then I start moving backwards progress wise and it takes me too long to get back to square one.
I do much better when I am participating here. Hence, the resurrection of the log. Plus I just fucking missed you guys!

Training:
Currently, total body 3x weekly with a different routine for each day. One week I do high rep (15), the next week (10) then 5 (this is my favorite week). Then I do a drop set week, static holds week, and 4 second counts week. That way I fuck everything up from week to week! I also do a bit of cardio, mostly HIIT but some steady state as well.

Nutrition:
Carb cycling 50/100/150 ? one cheat meal/week (I also try to get in 300g of carbs during this meal )
Cals range between 1200- 1500/day. I know that is too low, and I am slowly increasing them (I fucked up my metabolism doing the RFL diet). Currently, at more than 1500/day I start to put on body fat like it is my fucking job! Any wisdom here would be awesome because it sucks ass.

Goals for next 3 months:

1. Stay consistent with training and nutrition
  2. Keep the scale and BF moving in the right direction. 135 and 22ish% I think are good #s to strive for.

Will post some pics soon.

Have a great day everyone!

I am soooo making these for my next dinner party! If I had dinner parties that is.

Hey good to see you back!

Glad I’m not the only one still chasing body comp goals.

Doc is back!! Hell ya!! The world just hasn’t been right since your hiatus …

Yeah Doc!

Doc is back amongst the living…life has meaning once more!

Welcome back!!!

Mim: Chasing, always chasing…let fucking catch them already!

R-Dub: Awww, thanks!

Edgy: I hope that wasn’t sarcasm, cause if it was…then no Valhalla for you buddy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greg: Thanks man! Looking awesome BTW.

Thanks for stopping in and be sure to grab a cupcake on your way out!

8/1/11
Training: all 3 sets of 10 reps unless otherwise stated.

Superset 1
Leg Extension: 90/110/110
Seated crossover cable press: 30/35/35

Superset 2
Donkey Calf: 140/190/190
DB reverse fly on bench: 10/12.5/12.5
Incline DB chest fly: 20/30/30

Superset 3
Back Squat: 65/95/95 -I WILL squat bodyweight before December
Assisted Pull ups (neutral grip): 55/45/45
Pushups: 15 PR!/12/10
Planks

Superset 4
Jumping Jacks: 50/50/50
DB Lateral Raise (thumbs down): 7.5/10/10
DB bicep curl (arms tight to body/ full range of motion): 15/15/15
DB seated French press: 25/27.5/30

15min HIIT

Noms ( low carb/cal day): P 160/C 60/F 37
M1: Blueberry protein pancakes, tea
M2: 1 egg, 1/2cup whites, spinach, ff cheese and americano with H&H
M3: Protein bar
M4: green tea with lemon juice and bitters before meal, 6oz tilapia (with red hot and sriracha), broccoli, salad with balsamic.
M5: Will have casein shake with peanut butter before bed

love all the supersets!!!

do you plan them out yourself? We can borrow ideas from each other :slight_smile:

Your workout sounds puketastic. Are you doing the supersets to help you recomp? (I’m in that place too, since none of my clothes fit properly. Oops).

no sarcasm, glad to have you with us once again~

(grabs a cupcake)

(runs tongue across the top)

(makes yukky face)

oooohh - this doesn’t taste like…well…it tastes like vanilla, not…well, you know.

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
love all the supersets!!!

do you plan them out yourself? We can borrow ideas from each other :)[/quote]

Nah, I have a CPT that I see once in a while when I get stuck or need to shake it up a bit. I hate training like this, but I get the best results from it. I would rather do just body parts or splits, but when I am trying to fit back into my work clothes I will do whatever it takes! You are more than welcome to borrow/use any ideas :slight_smile:

Cal: I totally hear you on the wardrobe issue. I have managed to amass a respectable closet, sadly everything is a size 4 or 6 and these days I am pushing 6 or 8. As for ‘puketastic’ just wait until Friday…

Woke up and stepped on the scale proceeded curse up a storm and almost shattered the thing. I?ve been trying to stay away from it. It is not a healthy thing. The mirror fucks with me as well.

Still a buck forty. Drives me bat shit. So of course I flip and begin trying on everything in my closet that I couldn?t breathe in before and? fuck me what do you know? Most of it fits; no it all fits. Not all of it as comfortable as I would like, but we are getting there. Huzzah! I will test my body fat tomorrow (BEI), but I don?t trust the accuracy of the damn thing, I try to just chart trends with it but the readings fluctuate so much.

Easy day at the gym:
Rotator cuff pre-hab stuff
30 min precor
30 min walking on treadmill on incline
Caught up on some light reading

Eats:
Higher Carb/Higher Cal Day (P 130/C 160/F 30)
M1: Oats, Greek yogurt, banana, strawberries ? coffee with H&H
M2: Ezekiel bread, turkey, hummus, apple
M3: Chicken breast, brussel sprouts, Japanese sweet potato and a couple of little blue potatoes (these rock and they are loaded with antioxidants).
M4: Protein pancake with peanut butter

So I started a new protocol on Friday. I had been checking out a Biosignature thread and it was pretty interesting. Many of the ideas/protocols are eerily similar to what a good Naturopathic Doctor would do for patients so I put myself on an estrogen modulating/detox protocol. Perhaps it will help with the junk-in-my trunk. Can?t hurt.

I am also trying to work on my digestion, most people use betaine/HCl supplements at meals. They are too strong for me so I?ve been using bitters before meals and adding lemon to my water. So far, so good.

Dentist tomorrow…JOY! (at least he is hot!)