Volume
Machine Bench: 15,8,10,15,20
Tricep Pushdown: 20,20,15,12,10

Finisher
Front Raise: 20,20,20
Lateral Raise: 30,30,30,15
Push-Ups: 50
Cable Chest Fly: 30

Alright y’all. So I’m doing some bodybuilding. I had to stop the strict diet I was doing because I was feeling like shit all of the time. I started getting behind on school obligations, then I got stressed, then I binged. I’m reading a book on binge eating right now so maybe that will help. I’ve struggled with food for a really long time. I think I punish myself for binging with restrictive diets, which make me binge again. I’m fucking tired of feeling helpless. So I’m going to read this book and do its recommendations. I’m going to stop counting macros for a while. My plan is every meal, I have to eat in a particular order:

Protein shake (1.5 scoops)
Vegetables (4+ cups)
Fruit (1 cup or 1 whole)
Beans / Lentils / Hummus & Carrots
Nuts & Seeds

Sorry for the downer post, I’m just mad at myself. But I’m gonna practice the stuff in the book and get back on the horse

Hope y’all have a good one. I’m actually feeling better after working out and devising a plan

2 Likes

I think we all do best by feeding ourselves. I’ve never been a fan of restriction. I’ve drifted into it with this cut and I keep catching myself drifting into destructive habits. I barely eat before I train on my days off and I get way behind on my food. I think it’ll help me hit a deficit for the day but I just end up eating more later.

Steady fuel is the way to go. Eat a variety of foods (colors) and spread it out as evenly as possible. I think my biggest problem is that I still enjoy overeating. I like going into dinner with 1600 calories left because it let’s me eat what I want guilt free. I’d love to have two cheeseburgers on a bun with potatoes but the reality is that I can only afford to eat one with some veggies (no potatoes) to meet my caloric needs.

No more crazy, restrictive diets!

I started watching What the Health on Netflix again tonight. I forgot how poisonous our food can be. There seems to be a very short list of foods that won’t kill you.

1 Like

Yea it is crazy. You and jack inspired me to do this bodybuilding phase lol. And yea I’m done with restriction. I’m glad to hear your eating is going well and that you are keeping control of things

1 Like

You got muskrat over to the dark side, you’re working on the hog… You’ll never get me to do bodybuilding, though!!! I’ll stay over here in my little 5/3/1 and strongman corner…

4 Likes

Hog is off the hook until he finishes his meet!

You have to be willing to lift more frequently than your current split to dive in to the bodybuilding world. I think it works well for people who like to train almost daily but only for 30-45 minutes per session. Mine are typically longer but they can be short if I need them to be.

2 Likes

Don’t worry Steve, I’m keeping some strength work in there. I just want to shift my emphasis to developing more quality muscle mass. I’m still trying to catch your overhead press haha

1 Like

What’s going on with all these bros doing BB in here. Is it just @MarkKO @guineapig @littlesleeper and me that are still on the quest for strength.
Everyone seems to be getting broken from their strength training except me. There must be something to say for 2 days a week training and slow steady progression after all !!

1 Like

It just two sides of the same coin for me. More muscle is more strength so if I spend some time building more muscle it helps and vice verse. Also throw in more delt and arms work for vanity sakes.

2 Likes

I agree with this but only partially. I did a lot of bodybuilding type training as a young bloke and although I did have some nice delts. I wasn’t really that strong. It’s anazing how good the body is at being good at what you make it do. If you do lots of volume training then it gets good at volume. If you hit low reps it seems to get good at that. But it’s hard to make it good at both at the same time.

1 Like

Excuse me, but I hurt myself by turning around. Admittedly, squatting immediately after didn’t help.

My apologies Mark. There I was thinking all that heavy training had an impact,
When really it was a dance move gone wrong.

1 Like

Dance move. Pshah! I was sitting on the bed and turned to Mrs KO.

Now that is a whole other avenue I am not prepared to go down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Much more prosaic. I was sitting on the bedside asking what she wanted for breakfast.

Did she ask for sausage!!

Now I am blaming you for starting this mark !!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Someone needs to remake that meme with someone who isn’t crippled from his training…

2 Likes

Haha, but it is his quote! When I read it, I read it in Ronnie’s voice followed up by “I’ll do it doe! Yeahhpp!”

5 Likes

I think all of the mass monsters like Ronnie lift heavy ass weights. It’s us mere mortals (and naturals) who fail to live up to his expectations. I’m still trying though! I like working up to a double or triple on the appropriate lifts. It’s just a different approach. And if I fail to get stronger but I smoke the target muscles then it’s still a successful day of training :smile:.

4 Likes