Return of the Dog Pound

SCOOOOOORRRRRZ!!!

Franzen on a MAGNIFICENT sudden death breakaway display of patience and accuracy!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

OOOPS!! Excited

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Yes.

I think their ought to be multiple criteria. Number of posts primarily, but also how long you’ve been a member. There are some who’ve been members for years but only have like 600 posts, and then there’s guys like Merlin who had 300+ in their first day.

[/quote]

If they’re gonna do that, they might as well do it all the way.

Where you post should be important, as well. Some people here have 75% of their posts coming from SATMA. Though the people contributing hundreds of posts to the Ass Worship thread are performing a valuable service, it’s not exactly related to bodybuilding outside of startlingly impressive unilateral forearm development.

Perhaps people could be “nominated” by us forumites, and shot down/pulled in by the existing members. Once inside, the members could have the ability to “vote off” people who maybe turn out to be batshit (GHF).

Maybe a mandatory “Most Muscular” to weed out the cyber-lifters (half-serious).

[quote]anonym wrote:

Where you post should be important, as well. Some people here have 75% of their posts coming from SATMA. Though the people contributing hundreds of posts to the Ass Worship thread are performing a valuable service, it’s not exactly related to bodybuilding outside of startlingly impressive unilateral forearm development.

Perhaps people could be “nominated” by us forumites, and shot down/pulled in by the existing members. Once inside, the members could have the ability to “vote off” people who maybe turn out to be batshit (GHF).

Maybe a mandatory “Most Muscular” to weed out the cyber-lifters (half-serious).[/quote]

But they do have to keep things simple. I would say, 500 posts, 1 year of posting to keep out the post whores, and a means to vote people out of the pound.

But they do have to keep things simple. I would say, 500 posts, 1 year of posting to keep out the post whores, and a means to vote people out of the pound.
[/quote]

Yes, they must keep it simple. Getting the first group in would be quite hard, but I’m pretty sure we all have ideas of who should be in the Dog Pound. Personally, I’d like to see the initial selection process be done much like the Physique Clinic. Make the application quick, and the individuals’ profiles would more or less speak for themselves.

But, before anything happens, the Dog Pound needs to be recreated first.

I wouldnt qualify, but it’s a good idea. YES

Yes.

I hate everyone.

Yes.

[/quote]

True. But I disagree with Padilla7921 on one point - it’s pretty obvious to most people who regularly view these forums who should be allowed to post there and who should stick to the Rate My Physique forum. Especially if the goal is a “cream of the crop” list.

After the initial group is selected, they can pretty much run the thing, themselves.

I would just like to be able to see it happen.

Definitely, I’ve been mostly perusing the Get a Life and SATMA forums lately for the pure reason that the Bodybuilding and Nutrition forums have done nothing but aggravate me in recent memory.

The selection process for this should be interesting.

anonym wrote:

Maybe a mandatory “Most Muscular” to weed out the cyber-lifters (half-serious).

[/quote]

Combine the selection process of Uncle Gabby and anonym and I think we’d have a winner. Just make it something like 2 or 3 years on the forums, plus 1000-1500 posts.

A pic must be submitted as well. You either have to be in great shape (very muscular and lean), have pics of an amazing transformation if you’re not in awesome shape, or have proof of great lift numbers.

Obivously I vote “yes” for the Dog Pound, but only if it’s done right.

Just my .02

-dizzle

Yes.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
A pic must be submitted as well. You either have to be in great shape (very muscular and lean), have pics of an amazing transformation if you’re not in awesome shape, or have proof of great lift numbers.[/quote]

Not necessarily. A lot of lifters aren’t lean but are much stronger than others. Going off leanness is a bad idea.

YES.

Not a fan of pictures though. Some people are gun shy. particularly some people who post in the gear forum. Let’s not alienate them. Time here, and posts should decide the first group. Then we can let the inaugural members decide on who else gets in if they can be organized enough to pull that off. If not, TC will figure something out.

I vote ‘no’.

Sure, there’s lots of annoying (newbee and troll) folk here - I guess that’s just a fact of life on the Internet. But by retreating of the more ‘serious’ members into an ivory tower, don’t you think that overall standards on the rest of the boards will drop even more?

What makes me read these forums is that among many crap posts there are true nuggets of wisdom and insight on many topics ranging from training to nutrition to politics (still my favourite area).

I always thought it was supposed to be one T-Nation - that includes all the idiots. If we want to try and maintain the standards, we’ll have to keep it up - not retreat.

Makkun

PS: Following my own logic, I will have to post more now. Damn… :wink:

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:
A pic must be submitted as well. You either have to be in great shape (very muscular and lean), have pics of an amazing transformation if you’re not in awesome shape, or have proof of great lift numbers.

Not necessarily. A lot of lifters aren’t lean but are much stronger than others. Going off leanness is a bad idea.[/quote]

That’s why I added the provision [quote]or have proof of great lift numbers[/quote].

-dizzle

I’ll say yes even if I won’t make the cut by any of the selection processes mentioned (member for over 3 years and barely broken 150 posts).

Damn!

I have been here for years and made thousands of posts but I had to make a new name…

I vote yes tho, even if I have to wait, or steal one of your accounts to get in.

Kidding…

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
Damn!

I have been here for years and made thousands of posts but I had to make a new name…

I vote yes tho, even if I have to wait, or steal one of your accounts to get in.

Kidding…[/quote]

Uber n3wb?

Thats what I was wondering…

Post count is a dumb idea, I have blown up my post count in the off topic and picture threads over the last couple months.

I think, as has been mentioned, we should get the first group in, and then let them choose from there or something.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
That’s why I added the provision or have proof of great lift numbers.[/quote]

Oh no, your lift numbers idea is great, I was just making a point against the picture one.