Retro: Vince Comerford's Diet

I was harking back to an old edition of Flex I found I left at my mum’s house, which was 20 years old. If anyone was around recreational bodybuilding during those days (that is bodybuilding according to Joe Weider)then you will recall the plight of dietary fat was at its height. As a result, low carb diets were unheard of in the Weider mags.

Anyway, this edition featured a bizarre article featuring Vince Comerford and his diet. Basically, he was on some ‘fat-free’ programme overseen by a doctor (couldn’t have been a reliable one). His day consisted of an alarm call at 4am to take supplements on an empty stomach. He then woke at 7am to ingest egg whites and brown toast and jam. The rest was the usual brown rice and chicken breast, etc. He took the odd teaspoonful of MCT oil but otherwise he strove to ingest trace amounts of dietary fat.

I believe Comerford is still alive these days - but I’m sure his longevity can’t be down to that diet.

I think it goes to show that you can get lean on any hypo-caloric diet, regardless of macronutrient ratios…

Of course, there’s a lot more to it than that, but calories in/calories out is still an important concept. Something people tend to lose sight of when either bulking or cutting…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
I think it goes to show that you can get lean on any hypo-caloric diet, regardless of macronutrient ratios…

Of course, there’s a lot more to it than that, but calories in/calories out is still an important concept. Something people tend to lose sight of when either bulking or cutting… [/quote]

it doesnt hurt to be a shitload of drugs either.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
it doesnt hurt to be a shitload of drugs either.[/quote]

QFT.