T Nation

Retarded Gym Conversation

I was in the middle of a lower body workout today (cleans, squats, romanian deadlifts) when I heard some of my friends talking about a couple of guys at the gym who were somewhat muscular. My 4 friends started talking about how these guys were ?taking some crazy shit.? When I inquired as to what they were taking, they said ?NO-XPlode.? I laughed and mentioned that NO-Xplode was little more than a glorified energy drink, upon which my 4 friends (3 of whom don’t even work out regularly) started to lecture me about how ?intense? and ?dangerous? this supplement was. I was dumbfounded.

Eventually the conversation turned to another topic and they went back to doing abs (at least they weren’t curling in the squat rack) while I finished up lifting. Later on in the workout, one of my friends mentioned that he wasn’t going to eat after what had then become a 60-90 minute workout. Once again I was dumbfounded. Am I losing my mind or are these people as dumb as I think they are?

p.s. I didn’t even tell you guys about my friend who insists that bench-press gives you a good biceps workout. Well I guess I just did…but seriously though what the %*$#?

From now on just ignore their opinions, if you start to give a fuck you’ll end up getting drawn into their ignorance.

Positive side here is that dumb “friends” can be very easy to manipulate and take advantage of, as long as you are able to prove your Alpha Male status within the group.

D0000DD!! NO WAY MAN! THAT NO SPLODE’ IS FUCKIN INTENSE BRO…SERIOUSLY MAN…I TRIED THAT SHIT ONE DAY AND I WAS SO PUMPED I HAD TEH SWOLLEN BICEPS, PECS AND PENIS FOR LIKEZ 34 HOURS!!! LOLZLOLOZ

What’s wrong with eating after a workout?

[quote]R@NE wrote:
From now on just ignore their opinions, if you start to give a fuck you’ll end up getting drawn into their ignorance.

Positive side here is that dumb “friends” can be very easy to manipulate and take advantage of, as long as you are able to prove your Alpha Male status within the group.[/quote]

Its a three step process:

1. Drive to their place to “hang out”

2. Fuck their girlfriends like a real man

3. Punch them in the face and yell “roid rage” if they object.

4. Profit.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
What’s wrong with eating after a workout?[/quote]

Not what he said, though I guess you might want to leave at least an hour before having a solid meal.

Sorry hrdgnr, I meant he WASN’T going to eat after a workout, which I think is stupid especially since we lifted for close to 90 minutes. But yeah R@NE I’m gonna show them who’s alpha. I’ll outlift them so much they’ll think I’m on something really crazy…like musclemilk…or creatine :Gasp!: Teh Swollezt ever lol.

Get new friends or at least DON’t train with these guys… the annoyance alone is enough to distract you from concentrating on your workout. It’s worse when you hear unfounded, regurgitated shit from so called personal trainers at commercial gyms.

next thing they’ll be asking you, why are you lifting so heavy??? Why do you want to get big???

that story doesn’t deserve it’s own thread … it belongs in the squat rack curl thread

Regardless, your friends need to stfu and lift and put that NO-explode to whatever use they possibly can. Talking about it never produced any direct results. Jabronees

[quote]orangeoceannsc wrote:
Sorry hrdgnr, I meant he WASN’T going to eat after a workout, which I think is stupid especially since we lifted for close to 90 minutes. But yeah R@NE I’m gonna show them who’s alpha. I’ll outlift them so much they’ll think I’m on something really crazy…like musclemilk…or creatine :Gasp!: Teh Swollezt ever lol. [/quote]

“no way brah, creatine will kill your kidneys!”

…so sad that Ive actually heard that