Retarded EnviroNazi's Botch Eco-Terrorism

[quote]orion wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Cockney- On this we can agree. Logging is renewable, sustainable, and ‘steward friendly’. The eco-terrorists miss the point and think that every tree is sacred, when, in reality, good forest management is not only beneficial to the local ecosystem, but also benefits the community and economy (eg. as stated in the article).

Maine is a forestry state and we see this kind of dickery all the time (I pulled the article from a local forestry forum).

Orion-- “Spiking” trees has resulted in many deaths. These aren’t small nails, these are big spikes spread in such numbers and in odd places on the trees that no one could ever find them all. When power equipement hits them, it creates shrapnel, more like a grenade than how the article explained it. No company will risk that and would rather leave a cut to rot than to try to process that wood.

It’s completely retarded.

Basically like hiding mines that are triggered by chainsaws?

[/quote]

Orion you have no idea just how dangerous it is. Logging is one of the most dangerous proffessions there is. I remember years ago when I was pricing workmans compensation insurance for a tree removal business I was a partner in, it was forty three dollars for every one hundred dollars of payroll.

Our greatest fear was nails or barbed wire in trees. Not only can it create shrapnell it can kick the chain saw out at you and you get hacked up by the chainsaw. The injuries you can get from that are severe.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
orion wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Cockney- On this we can agree. Logging is renewable, sustainable, and ‘steward friendly’. The eco-terrorists miss the point and think that every tree is sacred, when, in reality, good forest management is not only beneficial to the local ecosystem, but also benefits the community and economy (eg. as stated in the article).

Maine is a forestry state and we see this kind of dickery all the time (I pulled the article from a local forestry forum).

Orion-- “Spiking” trees has resulted in many deaths. These aren’t small nails, these are big spikes spread in such numbers and in odd places on the trees that no one could ever find them all. When power equipement hits them, it creates shrapnel, more like a grenade than how the article explained it. No company will risk that and would rather leave a cut to rot than to try to process that wood.

It’s completely retarded.

Basically like hiding mines that are triggered by chainsaws?

Orion you have no idea just how dangerous it is. Logging is one of the most dangerous proffessions there is. I remember years ago when I was pricing workmans compensation insurance for a tree removal business I was a partner in, it was forty three dollars for every one hundred dollars of payroll.

Our greatest fear was nails or barbed wire in trees. Not only can it create shrapnell it can kick the chain saw out at you and you get hacked up by the chainsaw. The injuries you can get from that are severe.

[/quote]

The question was serious.

So yes, I completely underestimated how fucked up their action really was.

Sorry?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
JLu wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Eco-Whackos Wail for fallen trees:

That video made me want to punch something.

Like a tree?[/quote]

Fucking hippies.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
Sloth wrote:
JLu wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Eco-Whackos Wail for fallen trees:

That video made me want to punch something.

Like a tree?

Fucking hippies.

[/quote]

If I was tree, I wouldn’t even hit that with my ugly branch.