T Nation

Retaining Muscle While Dieting

Which supplements/products are best at helping retain muscle while dieting, but aren’t metabolism boosters like HOT-ROX? I just want something that will assit in retaining muscle while dieting without increasing my metabolism. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Use HOT-ROX. It’s exactly what I’m doing, and I’m seeing changes in body composition after three weeks of tweaking my diet and using the HOT-ROX. Although my weight has slightly increased, I’ve gotten leaner, bigger and stronger. With proper nutrition and a good training plan, HOT-ROX takes care of the rest.

Also, I’m doing this very slowly. I don’t want to cut too many calories and interfere with strength and hypertrophy gains while burning some fat. So rather than dropping as much fat as possible in the shortest amount of time (along with strength and mass), I’m on a 2-3 month schedule to get where I want to be. But in the end, I’ll be bigger and stronger. And I’ll have reached my goal of 10-12% bodyfat.

If you don’t want to use HOT-ROX, you could probably try a Methoxy-7 and Carbolin 19 combo.

Why don’t you want your metabolism boosted?