Resveratrol Article

Check it out.

i saw this on the news last night. very interesting, also interesting that the doctors dont advise taking a resveratrol supplement?

This quote is from the articel:

‘Helfand said he won’t be taking red wine extract supplements, but he has put his elderly mother on them. He said he’s waiting to see if there are long-term ill effects for humans.’

Do it seem a little strange to anyone else that he wont use a res supp himself but he is glad to give them to his mother?

[quote]Helga wrote:

‘Helfand said he won’t be taking red wine extract supplements, but he has put his elderly mother on them. He said he’s waiting to see if there are long-term ill effects for humans.’

Do it seem a little strange to anyone else that he wont use a res supp himself but he is glad to give them to his mother?[/quote]

I think the key here is “long term ill effects.” His Mom is probably old, so long term isn’t an issue with her.

[quote]Helga wrote:

Do it seem a little strange to anyone else that he wont use a res supp himself but he is glad to give them to his mother?[/quote]

If his mother is elderly, theres an extremely good chance that she wouldn’t be effected by long-term side effects, even if they do exist. Its statistically rare that an elderly person will live long enough for these long term effects to show.

However, with shown positive short-term benefits, it makes sense to put an elderly person on them.

[quote]Helga wrote:

I chuckled at that myself when I read it. “I aint going to take it til I put mumsy on it and make sure it don’t kill her first,” lol

D