UnKillable Kleinhound 2: This time he's more unkillable-er

Tbh I would keep it with the TB programming as well.

The whole point of the programming re strength is to keep you fresh for your occupation (considering who the book is aimed at) and also for the conditioning work

GC2 from TB2 is a great ‘conditioning’ circuit to satisfy your hypertrophy needs

Hmm. Well maybe I’ll give the first cycle a go just on TB percentages. I’ve never not felt fresh for work yet so that’s not a concern of mine

1 Like

I was looking at GC4 and GC5 as good options I’d like to try, and the Progressive Grip Circuit as a finisher.

1 Like

Tbh mate, go with whatever you feel is necessary. I’m sure you’ll make it work regardless of what rep scheme you decide to fly with :+1:

Never tried GC4 in particular however it looks sick.

Been having a gander through TB2. Forgot how nasty some of the sessions are

600M Resets always stands out. I was fucked for a couple of days after that.

Duku-Duku though. Holy shit…

2 Likes

Wow, that’s brutal!! I can’t imagine that with the beast (48 KG bell). I’ll give it a go (with a lesser bell) once I move to the Operator+Black.

Nah look there’s obviously merit to is as the cardio stuff is working. I’ll stick to the script but keep the same exercises
Front squat, press, weighted chin
Trap bar, bench, power Clean

There is a fuck off hill that is super steep and takes minutes to get up near my place, and I want to conquer that with bloody lungs and then move on to Dukku Dukku with a light kB

Walking up the beast hill unweighted is a challenge

2 Likes

Mental challenge today. 5km road run in the heat for toughness. 36 degrees Celsius, but felt hotter on the road. Loved it.

3 Likes

Sounds better than running in sub freezing temps.

I think so. I don’t mind the heat as I’m used to it, but I don’t know how I’d go in the artic

I drink a lot of water. If I’m out in the heat then I just sweat a lot. It doesn’t bother me. On the other hand, huffing and puffing in cold air affects my lungs even after the workout.

I found that wearing a mask while jogging really helps with preventing the cold air from wrecking my sinuses and lungs- the mask keeps the air I breath moist and warm.

Don’t have any problem with breathing with a mask on as long as it’s not a garbage one that directly obstructs your nose or mouth by collapsing inwards.

Bonus 50 min LSS work

1 Like

1x50 SE circuit
Heck…3x50 is going to be madness

1 Like

I’m excited about this next week. Even though it’s 50 reps, the “only one set” mentality seems easier to approach. I’ll be interested to see how you find it compared to the other weeks.

No doubt. That’s going to be Hell. But, it’s over a week away and I don’t need to think about it.

1 Like

Dud my first 1 x 50 today. 3 x 50 seems almost impossible for a couple of the exercises.

Are you still trying pull ups for it? I can see that being undoable and I’m good at pull ups. For my cluster, I expect swings and push ups to be fine, rows to be a killer but doable, ab wheels to be a slog, and goblet squats to be the worst of the bunch.

Oh no, I’m nowhere near strong enough for my current size to do more than a few pull ups or so.

Some of it for me is I’m still needing to get stronger and some of it is that I had a fairly rough go of Covid and bilateral pneumonia a couple months ago. I still get winded somewhat quickly. It’s getting better though overall.

The Goblet Squats hit me pretty good too, even at just 35 lbs.

1 Like

Yeah Goblet squats are shit house. Props to you for using the 32kg