T Nation

Resurrecting the Weight, Road to 500

A log, a test, an observation, whatever you want to call it. I and hopefully Renton will track Weekly (maybe daily)training sessions and diet with the goal of a 500 pound deadlift by the end of 2008.

Overview of diet: High fat, low carb with most carbs coming from either fruit or milk. I have about 150 pounds of veal in the freezer, chicken, eggs, peanut butter, milk, nuts and of course oils…oh yea and sometimes vegetables.

These are the staple of my diet, I hope to add more variety as I learn more about nutrition. I will add protein powder when I get money.

Overview of training: I train 4 day per week, with 2 cardio days on the off days. The split goes something like

Mon: Heavy Upper Body 3-5 reps
Tues: Heavy Lower body 3- reps
Wed: hand to genetelia day, 1 set…25ish reps.
Thur: Lighter Upper body reps are 8-10
Fri: Light lower body: reps 8-10
Sat: I work
Sun: I work

Excercises:
Lower: Back Squat High bar, Box squat, good mornings, leg press (don’t laugh) and front squat to replace high bar back squat on some days.
Upper: Rack pulls + shrugs (from knees and from shins), cable rows, pull ups. Bench press and either incline bench press or military press depending on the day.

Numbers will come as the workouts come. I will test my deadlift every month. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated, criticism as well.

Whats your Deadlift at now? Cut out the cardio and you’ll get their faster I would imagine. But then you might become a fat ass and some ppl care about that stuff i guess.

My current dead is 405 at 195 BW. Yea I wanted to stay as in shape and healthy as possible on a calorie surplus that’s why I added cardio. Knowing myself cardio will take 15 mins each day at a jogging pace.

So this hand to genetalia day do you use any equiptment. Or do you just go raw, as well whats your diet like on this day do you have any special techniques you use. Such as the fetal position or ass to grass. I usually settle for a french trombone or a stranger i like to switch up my routine now and then. Good luck with the 500.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
So this hand to genetalia day do you use any equiptment. Or do you just go raw, as well whats your diet like on this day do you have any special techniques you use. Such as the fetal position or ass to grass. I usually settle for a french trombone or a stranger i like to switch up my routine now and then. Good luck with the 500. [/quote]

Raw, full range of motion with rest pauses.

On with the show then, Log Week 1.

Monday
Rack pulls 5x5 for 405 knee height
Pull ups 5x5 for BW+25
Cable rows 3x5 for 220
Flat Bench 4x3 for 245
Bench Inc. 3x5 for 185

Tues - awful day wasn’t feeling it
Box Squat 3x5 for 225 Bit above parallel
Oly Squat 2x5 for 205

I must have crashed from my cheat day, I will minimize my cheat days and just add some cookies and muffins to my regular diet on mondays. Maybe some coke.

Wed off

Thur
Rack pulls 3x10 for 355 Below knee height
Pull ups 3x8 for BW
Cable rows 3x10 for 180
Flat Bench 3x10 for 185
Bench Inc. 3x10 for 165

Friday (today)fucking awesome
box Squat 4x10 for 225 bit above parallel
Leg press 3x10 for 270
Bi Curls 3x5 for 50 per arm.
Abs 3x10 BW on a decline
Felt really good today, had good form on the box squats and kicked the shit outa my legs. Quads seem to be a weak point.

Diet is normal, I don’t get huge rushes like I did when I ate carbs more, but I also feel steady, and it seems to be helping me concentrate on my studies more. I will minimize the amount of sugar and caffeine (mostly coke) I eat during cheat day (monday). Also I thought I gained weight this morning, turns out I forgot to take a shit that morning so I was fuller than normal.

Next Week I hope to push 245x10 on the box squat and 255 x 3 on the bench press and 405 for at least 5 below knee rack pull.