Results After 6wks on Clomid Restart

I have been on a Clomid restart for 6 weeks now at 25mg eod. I have to say for anyone who is younger you should really give this a try. I personally did not suffer any of the side effects on Clomid that people talk about. I feel great and have great libido. I will be tapering for another six weeks.

Hopefully it works out long term but if it doesn’t I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Just wanted to share the results and hope people give a it fair shot before committing to TRT for life. Here are my bloodwork results. The numbers in parenthesis are the ranges first number after was starting point and then current numbers.

TT (270-1070) 247 881
FT (48.2-169.6) 42.6 155
Bioavailable T (113-397) 93.1 357.2
E2 (0.0-39.8) 11.8 29
LH (1.5-9.3) 1.8 2.5
SHBG (17.3-65.8) 41.5. 47.8

2 Likes

Looks good. I assume you were just trying to kickstart your own production and hadn’t been on TRT or a cycle? I am currently on clomid but I am trying a restart after being on TRT for over a year.

Did you use anything else? Heres hoping that the restart takes for you and your own production keeps up.

Thanks

We were trying to restart my natural again. No cycle or trt previous. Not really sure why levels got so low. I’m just hoping it holds. Not using anything else just the 25mg eod of Clomid. Hope the restart works for you as well.

What will your taper look like? Weeks and dosing info?

Good luck!

The taper is over another six weeks starting at 3x per week for two weeks then 2x week for two weeks and 1x week for two. Satying at the 25mg dose. I will do bloodwork a week after finishing and then again a couple months after.

Please define the age range of younger.

18 to 30?

Younger than 40?

That’s good news OP. I’m on 50mg ED for 4 weeks myself. I’m 35 and on the age borderline of where my doctor likes to start TRT. So we’re trying the Clomid restart too.

Damn. I just turned 40 and hoping that my previously not so low levels mean I still have some life left in the boys.

I went to my endo with clomiphene citrate as my #1 choice to try first and he turned it down flat. I would’ve liked to try it first.

OP, your results mimic the results a couple of my fellow “old man” friends are experiencing. They are around 50 years old, like me, except unlike me they experienced some steady decline in natural test production as determined by frequent blood work. Instead of the immediate jump into TRT when their levels plummeted to the basement for several months, they did what you did…25 mg of clomid EOD. And this brought their natural production and numbers back to healthy levels.

I have indicated this before in very early posts with regards to TRT: I strongly believe that before anyone jumps into TRT, it makes logical sense to 1st determine if the issue is with the hypothalamus or the testes. If the former, then clomid treatment has got to be the way to go because (in my opinion) one wants to keep their natural machinery working (i.e. testes). The testes make more than just testosterone; other very important hormones are made there. I find the feedback above from C27 H40 O3 about his doctor turning this down really disturbing…but maybe the doc determined the testes were bad somehow and excluded the clomid trial.

Of course, if the problem is with the testes, no amount of clomid will work. TRT has then got to be the solution.

I also am beginning to believe that those using clomid might be using too much. Everyone’s mileage may vary of course, but 25 mg…versus 50, 100, or even more…used EOD seems to be the good working point. Now, I am basing this only on my two friends and will be monitoring some others who are interested in this type of protocol…but it is very interesting. Like typical bodybuilders, my two friends upped their intake to 50 mg EOD and even 100 mg EOD to see if there was a difference. There was…negative difference that is. Their test levels did not go that much higher (they did go higher though), but their estrodiol went up too (interesting) and they were beginning to feel those typical side effects attributable to high dosage clomid use.

Overtraining is poo-pooed on this site due to the writings of the trainers here…but for some people, especially naturals, it is a very real possibility. It is of great interest to me as to whether or not use of low dose Clomid might stave off some of the issues with overtraining for naturals. I think I’ve read somewhere that most natural bodybuilders experience low testosterone sometime in their lifting journey. Can’t remember where I read it but it stuck with me. I always thought that the intense training might have something to do with that. If so, something like low dose clomid might really be of help.

Continued monitoring of my buddies will go on. Wish I had a bigger population to observe…but don’t yet.

I’ve wondered about that myself buffd, I think I recall a study showing 5 days of 50mg clomid boosting testosterone in men for 4(or 6?) weeks, can’t remember well.

But made me think, are we always overdoing it, especially for PCT uses, often with recommendations of 50-100mg/day for the first week or two, or sometimes more. Has me wondering, would 25mg/day for a week or so followed by EOD work just as well if not better?

Any thoughts with regard to PCT dosages Buffd?

[quote]TheRedneck wrote:
Clomid made my t level go up a lot, but it had zero effect on any of my symptoms. [/quote]

Does anybody understand the reason this is the case for some guys? Does HCG mono have a different impact on your symptoms? We’re you controlling estrogen with both treatments?

I am in the same boat right now, except I was prescribed 150 mg test c a week. I was diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism and after reading Clomid seems to have good effects with that sometimes doubling TT.

I am on week 3 right now and I feel completely drained. No energy, but libido is ok as of right now.

Did you experience any eye floaters or other sides? They can be temporary or last forever, and that is a big concern for me.

I agree that some people are using too high of a dose. I also think it should be a first option for anyone unless they are primary. Obviously everyone is different and everyone has different experiences on certain meds but I firmly believe people take what they read on the internet and form opinions before ever trying things.

Some guys may read where Clomid makes someone feel shitty so they automatically think it is making them feel shitty when in fact some of their symptoms may be stress or any other number of factors. In my case I was secondary and no idea why. Had pituitary mri which was normal and never cycled before. I have had multiple concussions so that is where my doc is leaning.

[quote]protokultur wrote:
I’ve wondered about that myself buffd, I think I recall a study showing 5 days of 50mg clomid boosting testosterone in men for 4(or 6?) weeks, can’t remember well.

But made me think, are we always overdoing it, especially for PCT uses, often with recommendations of 50-100mg/day for the first week or two, or sometimes more. Has me wondering, would 25mg/day for a week or so followed by EOD work just as well if not better?

Any thoughts with regard to PCT dosages Buffd?[/quote]

I think for most men (note, I wrote “most”, not “all”. There is a HUGE difference), a little bit of Clomid off and on for a LONG period of time is the way to go. I think current PCT of 100 mg or more of Clomid isn’t necessary. When I got off my cycles (WAY back now), I did do the 50 to 100 mg Clomid ED for WEEKS…not just 2 weeks or so. I used that dosage because that was the current experience and thinking at the time. Nowadays, I’m reading what I consider ridiculous dosages of 200 mg or so. No…personally I don’t believe that is necessary, and I strongly believe that is the cause of many people getting these horrible emotional sides from Clomid.

Now, back then, I DID try a low dose Clomid PCT. Not exactly like what the OP is doing or what my friends are doing, but I did do 25 mg ED. Comparing the 50 - 100 mg Clomid PCT protocol with only 25 mg Clomid PCT for WEEKS resulted (for me only now…my experience cannot be taken as gospel for everyone) in the SAME level of recovery. And by recovery, I mean pre-cycle blood work gets pretty close to post cycle bloodwork…and not based on one single blood work result either.

Now, I NEVER did really high dosages of anabolics. The most I ever did was 700 mg/week, and had to stop that level due to negative sides (health wise) that I was not willing to “suffer through”. My cycles were always shorter duration, lower dosages, with plenty of time off. These are concepts that, unfortunately, many anabolic warriors today just don’t do. Blast and Cruise is the protocol of today. Then again, to obtain the awesome mass of today’s bodybuilder or even gym warrior of today, higher dosages and never ending cycles may be the only way to achieve those goals. Those were never mine.

So, maybe the lower Clomid PCT dosage protocol worked for me only BECAUSE my “shutdown” was not as prolonged as traditional cycles of today. Who knows!

One last thing: quite frankly, unless someone did blood work before, during and after cycles, I really don’t know how anyone can claim they have “recovered” their natural T-production after some PCT. I’ve read alot of experiences where the user “thinks” they have recovered, but really, they just don’t know.

[quote]TheRedneck wrote:
I wonder what the reason was for your low testosterone.

A TRT doc told me that Clomid’s effectiveness seems to vary based on the original source of the problem. Apparently it works better when testosterone dropped for a specific, identifiable reason, like steroid or painkiller use. [/quote]

Clomid will be effective IF the reason for low testosterone lies with the hypothalamus/pituitary part of the testosterone generating machinery. It’s lack of LH production that is the root cause for those who are successful with Clomid. HCG will work too because HCG is a LH analogue. BUT, you are bypassing the hypothalamus/pituitary part of the machinery when you do this…and this can compound the recovery problem.

This is very interesting. Maybe your total T went up, but your body is converting it more to E2 or is bound up with SHBG. More info is probably needed here. KSMan’s threads are GREAT info by the way.

[quote]

The doctor predicted in advance that that would happen, but we wanted to try it before doing anything else. At least it showed that I was secondary rather than primary.

I had some minor eye disturbances while I was taking it, but overall I’d say it was worth trying.[/quote]

How much Clomid did you use? Again, it is my hypothesis that only 25 mg taken EOD for WEEKS…maybe even MONTHS is the way to go.

[quote]jc75754 wrote:
I am in the same boat right now, except I was prescribed 150 mg test c a week. I was diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism and after reading Clomid seems to have good effects with that sometimes doubling TT.

I am on week 3 right now and I feel completely drained. No energy, but libido is ok as of right now.

Did you experience any eye floaters or other sides? They can be temporary or last forever, and that is a big concern for me. [/quote]

Depending on how long your system has been “down”, it takes awhile for even Clomid therapy to “work”. And for many men, even Clomid therapy isn’t enough to get them into “normal range”. But higher dosages of Clomid are not the answer either I believe.

It’s tough being in that “middle” zone; still producing some T so that Clomid helps…but Clomid is not helping enough to produce high enough T to really feel better.

By the way, these are all just my opinions and speculations. They are based only on my own personal experience and on observation of a small population of close friends. In no way am I indicating the proposal of low dosage Clomid for extended period of time will help everyone. No way.

But I do believe it would help many.

Can somebody explain to me why his tt levels came up so much with his lh levels so low ?

LH can come in pulses. Depends on when you catch it. Might be higher if he tested again. Or so I’ve read. My LH results have always seemed to make sense.