I’ve just been diagnosed with this - apparently, I’ve been running 10Ks in my sleep (you’d think I’d be a lot thinner).
Between the “www.rls.org” site and a search of the T-forum, I’ve seen the following suggestions:
- Supplement with iron (multiple blood tests show that I am mildly anemic).
- Knock down/off the caffiene - it just delays symptoms, it doesn’t get rid of them.
- Supplement with potassium, calcium, and/or magnesium (albeit not at the same time).
- Drink 3-4 glasses of tonic water a day for the quinine (sp?).
- Do relaxation techniques, yoga, yadda, yadda, yadda.
I’d be appreciative of any confirmation of this information via personal experience, and/or any impact this has had for your training. I know for me, my training has sucked the last 6-8 months 'cause I was too doggone tired (historically, I’ve gotten up at 4:30am - done it for years).