Restless Leg Syndrome Experiences

Anyone here experience this?

I seem to get it after working calves and doing deadlifts/rackpulls, and it last a few days then subsides somewhat. I’ve got it in my right leg at the moment and it’s fucking annoying!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to diet/stretches/supplementation to help remedy this problem?

foam rolling - it hurts like eight bitches on a bitch boat (10 points if you get the reference) but works wonders.
calcium magnesium potassium supplementation, if you aren’t getting enough through your diet.

I’ve heard that when trying to sleep, if you hang your feet of the end of the bed, this helps for some reason.

When trying to sleep, I’ve heard that hanging your feet off the end of the bed helps.

I’m wondering how common this is - I don’t think I know anyone that’s ever had it.

I’ll give foam rolling a shot, it’s interesting that is only comes up after certain exercises.

RSGZ. I am victim of this. It is really annoying. I also hang my feet off the end of the bed. I also stretch very well after my work out. Sometimes there is just nothing I can do about it but I try the best I can.

Glad this thread was posted RSGZ!

I’ve had RLS since I was 14. Didn’t know it was an actual “common” condition until a few years ago.

With me, it usually occurs when I’m overly tired (staying awake beyond what my body tells me), or if my lower extremities ore overheated.

I usually just sit really still and fight it. I often tense my muscles really hard. Sometimes it’s so bad I want to punch the shit out of my feet and calves.

I could not believe they actually have a medical condition for this, I laughed when I saw the commercial the first time.

That said, I have this and it sucks. Legs pretty much move non stop and sometimes it’s very bad at night, no chance of sitting still.

Monopoly

I also have it. Movie theaters and sit down concerts can turn into a nightmare. I ussually can walk/run it off and stretching definetly feels better.

I think I may have restless 3rd leg syndrome. All night long, it’s up, it’s down, it’s up, it’s down. Happens a lot when I’m browsing the SAMA forum too.

Actually, I looked it up and I’ve had it from time to time, but usually in my torso and arms. Annoying. ZMA seems to help me.

DB

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
With me, it usually occurs when I’m overly tired (staying awake beyond what my body tells me)[/quote]

I only get it occasionally, but when I do it’s when I’m lying in bed failing to get to sleep. I first became aware of it when I was in bed with a girl who’d fallen asleep. I was struggling to keep my legs still so as not to wake her and found it harder and harder.

[quote]
I usually just sit really still and fight it. I often tense my muscles really hard. [/quote]

I thought tensing hard might work - and it stops it for as long as you can tense - but after you relax it comes back.

I get it after Deadlifting or squats, along with cramping in my arch. ZMA is a life saver for this.
Rolling my foot on a baseball or firm tennis ball often helps also.

Interesting stuff; I’m glad to see there are others who are suffering too.

Just kidding.

I wonder if it has anything to do with a load on the spine and/or back which causes the reaction. I’ve had it in my leg all day long today, though after cycling and training tonight it’s not as bad.

I will give ZMA a shot, as well as some deep tissue massaging to see if that helps.

Feel free to chime in if anyone else has anything to add.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Actually, I looked it up and I’ve had it from time to time, but usually in my torso and arms. Annoying. ZMA seems to help me.

DB[/quote]

RLS in your torso and arms huh? I’ve only noticed that with more growth my arms get numb when I sleep a lot more often - I wonder if this is at all related.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Interesting stuff; I’m glad to see there are others who are suffering too.

Just kidding.

I wonder if it has anything to do with a load on the spine and/or back which causes the reaction. I’ve had it in my leg all day long today, though after cycling and training tonight it’s not as bad.

I will give ZMA a shot, as well as some deep tissue massaging to see if that helps.

Feel free to chime in if anyone else has anything to add.[/quote]

I’ve wondered if it isn’t a CNS overload issue.

DB

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

RLS in your torso and arms huh? I’ve only noticed that with more growth my arms get numb when I sleep a lot more often - I wonder if this is at all related.[/quote]

I get that too, but it’s a different issue. This is more like tiny vibrations between layers of skin kind of a feeling. Then again, maybe it’s the cocaine (j/k).

DB

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I would try some supplements such as:

GABA (the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter)
Bacopa monnierri (anxiolytic)
Aniracetam (anxiolytic and ‘brain tonic’)

BBB[/quote]

Funny you mention it, I was recently looking into GABA, but I’ve never heard of the other too. Where do I get those Mr BBB?

I’ve also read that Caber can be used to relieve some of the symptoms, though I’m not sure how true that is.

My mother has this problem and although it seems the majority of poeple here are looking for more natural remedies she has found relief taking Requip, a dopamine agonist. I know there are other medications that deal specifically with RLS also. RLS really seems to suck and I can only hope I don’t inherit it.