Resting Heart Rate Question

Im not sure where else to post this however, I am 18 years old 185 pounds and my Resting Heart Rate on average is usually anywhere from 45 to 48 bpm. Is that at all strange? like a little to low?

im 19 and around 190 and mine is about 52.

Generally, the lower your resting heart rate, the better your cardiorespiratory endurance is.

The average resting HR is around 70 bpm so I’m assuming you’re relatively fit?

[quote]slash4221 wrote:
Im not sure where else to post this however, I am 18 years old 185 pounds and my Resting Heart Rate on average is usually anywhere from 45 to 48 bpm. Is that at all strange? like a little to low?[/quote]

DO you do any cardiovascular sort of training?

mine used to be 56 back when i was 140 2 years ago :smiley:

now its 80 :open_mouth:

wasn’t lance armstrong’s like…30?

i just do a lot of intervals but otherwise i cant stand cardio. The sound of shoes hitting the treadmill makes me want to gag actually.

[quote]slash4221 wrote:
i just do a lot of intervals but otherwise i cant stand cardio. The sound of shoes hitting the treadmill makes me want to gag actually.[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you. Unless you are having fainting spells or getting really dizzy upon standing (frequently,) it’s probably not that big of a deal. It has a name, “sinus bradychardia,” which is a resting heart rate below 60. Google it.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
slash4221 wrote:
i just do a lot of intervals but otherwise i cant stand cardio. The sound of shoes hitting the treadmill makes me want to gag actually.

I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you. Unless you are having fainting spells or getting really dizzy upon standing (frequently,) it’s probably not that big of a deal. It has a name, “sinus bradychardia,” which is a resting heart rate below 60. Google it.[/quote]

As said, enjoy the benefits of a well conditioned heart that is in great shape.

I believe Lance Armstrong has had his as low as low-mid 30s IIRC