Rest Week

I just finished my 4 x 8 for 7 weeks routine of squats, deadlifts, bench press, bent over rows, militiary press, and chins, and am about to start a 5 x 5, 8 x 4, 10 x 3, haven’t quite decided, strength oriented program of the same lifts.

I am new, so I don’t really know much about rest weeks. I know certain things work best for different people, but what are some basic things to do during a rest week? Absolutely no weightlifting? No athletic exercise whatsoever? Very light work? Endurance work? Etc.

Thanks.

some people dont lift at all and just play sports.others lift light,but ill say this-dont just sit on your botty,do something

I just came off a rest week.

Due to the fact that I get up at 5:00AM to workout I didn’t want to change that routine because we all know how easy it would be to get used that extra hour of sleep every morning.

So I kept going down to my gym every morning and did lots of stretching, and “going through the motions” on all my exercises with very light weight or none at all. Basically just working on my form, really stretching out my muscles to the max and trying to better my mind/muscle connection.