Rest Time?

I’m 16 years old and I’ve been training for 10 months now.
Deadlift = 352 lbs (I haven’t done this often)
Bench = 209 lbs

I was told that when you are just a beginner, you don’t need to rest your muscles more than 48 hours because you aren’t putting much stress on them.
So, for how long should I rest those muscles?

Should I do back one day, chest the other day, legs next day and arms and shoulders the day after that and rest for two days?

Or should I do all the upper body one day and legs the next day?

Sorry for my english, i’m from europe.

I am sure others will have differing opinions, but my advice is listening to your own body. If you are tired take the day off. If you feel like working out, do it. I do not believe there is a one size fits all anything in life. Good luck

[quote]Columbu wrote:
I’m 16 years old and I’ve been training for 10 months now.
Deadlift = 352 lbs (I haven’t done this often)
Bench = 209 lbs[/quote]

Not bad for a beginner.

[quote]I was told that when you are just a beginner, you don’t need to rest your muscles more than 48 hours because you aren’t putting much stress on them.
So, for how long should I rest those muscles?[/quote]

Why wouldn’t you be putting much stress on them? I would think as a beginner you would be putting more stress on your muscles as they are considerably weaker. Don’t wimp out on the weight just because you are a beginner. 48 hours of rest between worouts is a good idea though, but not a necessity.

[quote]Should I do back one day, chest the other day, legs next day and arms and shoulders the day after that and rest for two days?

Or should I do all the upper body one day and legs the next day?[/quote]

By my estimation you are only working each muscle group once a week? That doesn’t sound like enough to me.

You could do your workout a few different ways. You could:

Day 1: Upper
Day 2: Lower
Day 3: Energy work
Day 4: Upper
Day 5: Lower
Day 6: Upper again or whatever, just not lower
Day 7: Rest

or just do a few full body workouts each week. As others have said, there is no catch all that works for everyone. You do need to work each muscle group at least twice a week.

They don’t speak english anywhere in Europe? I thought your english was fine.

I’m thinking of doing:
Back and Biceps.
Legs.
Rest.
Chest, Triceps and Shoulders.
Rest.
Back and Biceps.
Legs… And so on?

I cant do all upper body in one day because I don’t have the time… School, work and that stuff.

Hehe, and about the english, I’m from Iceland, the country where Jon Pall came from, and Benidikt Magn?sson who is going to beat the world record in deadlift :slight_smile:
I don’t get that good grades in english :s

i started off doing what you said first i body part a day, and i got good gains of strength and size, using the 8 reps for 3 or 4 sets, but just reacently swicthed to westside for a little shock to my muscle and maybe faster gains. Just being a begginner and young train alot, i do and im fine, i dont get all the 3 day or 4 day a week, well it seems less cause i do 5 days a week, but im 17. Im doing a 4 day now but more total body. but yeah my 2 cents.

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
i started off doing what you said first i body part a day, and i got good gains of strength and size, using the 8 reps for 3 or 4 sets, but just reacently swicthed to westside for a little shock to my muscle and maybe faster gains. Just being a begginner and young train alot, i do and im fine, i dont get all the 3 day or 4 day a week, well it seems less cause i do 5 days a week, but im 17. Im doing a 4 day now but more total body. but yeah my 2 cents.[/quote]

Oddly enough his english was better than yours… and you’re from North Carolina!

Kidding…