Rest-Pause Technique

Only by lifters who’re serious about it lol.
“PITT force” is one of the BB world’s best kept secrets lol. Works BEAUTIFULLY for back thickness and quads as sento mentioned.
I;ve experimented using PITT with pushing movements, but it creates a severe strain and impairs recovery, at least for me.

This guy moves some weight using PITT-force in various movements.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
Are you referring to the PITT system method of training used by many European lifters by any chance?

PITT is used by many here?
I don’t even check out any of the European forums anymore, I just remember that system being mentioned here and there on some German BB boards.
[/quote]

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
Is there a specific level of training rest-pause is best used at? Or could a bitch like myself use it with good results?

you can start using it right away, just ease into and you’ll get the hang of it soon. Every person has an atp energy system, so take advantage of it when you can.[/quote]

Doesn’t that completely go against what Dante and the experienced DC lifters say? I’ve always heard you should wait until your more experienced and putting up some good numbers first.

pitt-force looks an awful lot like max-stim. Is there any material difference between the two? And if there is a sticky that explains everything, don’t flame me cuz i didnt look for it (this is for Sentoguy ha ha)

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
Carlitosway wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
Is there a specific level of training rest-pause is best used at? Or could a bitch like myself use it with good results?

you can start using it right away, just ease into and you’ll get the hang of it soon. Every person has an atp energy system, so take advantage of it when you can.

Doesn’t that completely go against what Dante and the experienced DC lifters say? I’ve always heard you should wait until your more experienced and putting up some good numbers first. [/quote]

im not referring to the mulitple rest pause sets dante does, I’m just talkin about including 1 rest pause after some normal striaght sets nothing major. which is not dc.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
“PITT force” is one of the BB world’s best kept secrets lol. Works BEAUTIFULLY for back thickness and quads as sento mentioned.
I;ve experimented using PITT with pushing movements, but it creates a severe strain and impairs recovery, at least for me.

[/quote]

So this is essentially pretty close to Mentzer Rest-pause, just more reps and less % of 1RM, but it’s really a stream of singles, no?

Ok… That’s not too different from what I do on rack pulls and such (simply because there’s no way for me to do a continuous set with that weight, gotta readjust the straps all the time and make sure the low back is still arched lol).

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
Carlitosway wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:

you can start using it right away, just ease into and you’ll get the hang of it soon. Every person has an atp energy system, so take advantage of it when you can.

Doesn’t that completely go against what Dante and the experienced DC lifters say? I’ve always heard you should wait until your more experienced and putting up some good numbers first. [/quote]

DC training itself is for guys with experience.

DC RP or any other rest-pause thing can be used by pretty much anyone…

DC RP isn’t as effective as it is in DC unless combined with a rotation and all that though, imo.

Its actually closer to the breathing squats approach except you rack the weight and take a breath in between.
For example you execute 12-15 reps with your 8RM using PITT force.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:

So this is essentially pretty close to Mentzer Rest-pause, just more reps and less % of 1RM, but it’s really a stream of singles, no?

Ok… That’s not too different from what I do on rack pulls and such (simply because there’s no way for me to do a continuous set with that weight, gotta readjust the straps all the time and make sure the low back is still arched lol).

[/quote]

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Its actually closer to the breathing squats approach except you rack the weight and take a breath in between.
[/quote] How’s strength-progress been for you on movements where you use PITT principles? [quote]

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:

[/quote]

Made good progress for a long time when using PITT-force on the HS iso row. Never gained much in the pushing movements.

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
How’s strength-progress been for you on movements where you use PITT principles?

I always use it to change things up when Ilm stagnating in a pulling movement these days, thats about it.
I’m not european lol.