Ressurection Log

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Rep stuff tonight:

DB Incline- 4x8/75’s
Close grip bench- 2x8/185; 2x6/185
Neutral grip chins- 8,6,5,4
Shrugs- 5x5/365 *straps
Cable curls- 2x10/75; 15/50

next workout will be back at my normal gym at school where things wont be so homo.[/quote]

Where’s the 10x3?

GO TIGERS!

Thats all.

go clemson!

whats the deal with ur form on those rows…
it looks like shit

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1777308

the reason they row like that is because they have to modify their form to deal with the awkward size (length) of the weight, not the weight itself.

still dont get it… why do partial ROM when u could do full ROM … i dont think the torso twist is bad but why not bring ur humerus to parallel…
this is where i feel the most back activation in the lift

(with the first part of the pull activating my back and biceps)

i guess im just wondering what ur using the lift for goal-wise

Iv been using them to strengthen my upper back and not so much my lats. Iv always felt them there the most doing them that way. I get that nice stretch at the bottom and I pull until my shoulder blade is fully retracted-thats the main thing Im going for with them.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Iv been using them to strengthen my upper back and not so much my lats. Iv always felt them there the most doing them that way. I get that nice stretch at the bottom and I pull until my shoulder blade is fully retracted-thats the main thing Im going for with them.[/quote]

That makes two of us, I never down rows for lats, and they do help Deadlift lockout, because for me, (idk about Stronghold here) whenever I’m struggling with a new PR, as soon as I get near lockout, I know I’ll make it because doing the Rows in that fashion deff. helps, esp. the shoulder retraction.

p.s. you’re it!

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
Iv been using them to strengthen my upper back and not so much my lats. Iv always felt them there the most doing them that way. I get that nice stretch at the bottom and I pull until my shoulder blade is fully retracted-thats the main thing Im going for with them.

That makes two of us, I never down rows for lats, and they do help Deadlift lockout, because for me, (idk about Stronghold here) whenever I’m struggling with a new PR, as soon as I get near lockout, I know I’ll make it because doing the Rows in that fashion deff. helps, esp. the shoulder retraction.

p.s. you’re it![/quote]

That makes three! I do rows the same way and they have helped my back strength tremendously.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Iv been using them to strengthen my upper back and not so much my lats. Iv always felt them there the most doing them that way. I get that nice stretch at the bottom and I pull until my shoulder blade is fully retracted-thats the main thing Im going for with them.[/quote]

makes sense

[quote]Kalle wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
Stronghold wrote:

p.s. you’re it!

That makes three! I do rows the same way and they have helped my back strength tremendously. [/quote]

circle jerk!

Right, the bottom end of my deadlift is my “weak point” since my knee is keeping me from pulling from the floor at all.

As for the rows, I have read where Kroc and some others say that doing them that way allows them to use more weight and hit their upper back harder. I do them like that just because thats how it always felt right. I dont row for my lats. If I want to build my lats, Ill do some vertical pulling. I row for my upper back.

Went heavy today:

Bench- 3/2/1 waves: 205/215/220; 215/225/235
Lateral raises- 4x8/25
Parallel grip pulldowns- 4x8/170
Band pull-aparts- 1x30
Standing abs- 3x10/90

I stopped there with the benching because I was having some pretty intense pain in my triceps…I think it has something to do with going heavy on close grips on Friday and then having a crazy weekend. I had planned on doing some shoulder pressing, but I pussed out because of my triceps. Not a great workout because of the craziness of the past week with the holiday and all, but better than it could have been.

No hot pictures yet. Im going to keep you on your toes.

I bench with my back arched.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Went heavy today:

Bench- 3/2/1 waves: 205/215/220; 215/225/235
Lateral raises- 4x8/25
Parallel grip pulldowns- 4x8/170
Band pull-aparts- 1x30
Standing abs- 3x10/90

I stopped there with the benching because I was having some pretty intense pain in my triceps…I think it has something to do with going heavy on close grips on Friday and then having a crazy weekend. I had planned on doing some shoulder pressing, but I pussed out because of my triceps. Not a great workout because of the craziness of the past week with the holiday and all, but better than it could have been.[/quote]

I love that you do waves, you arch? Don’t so you can be cool like dickyteabags and me <3

I like arching when I bench though. Its hott.

Todays workout wasnt much. I basically did a shit load of reverse hypers.

Reverse hyper- 2x10/blue band
one leg Reverse hyper- 2x10/blue band
Reverse hyper- 2x10/green band
one leg Reverse hyper- 2x10/green band
Reverse curl- 4x6/75

I envy you and your reverse hypers, I have to settle for the Lat Pulldown and look like a tool. Thanks jackass

<3

Im going to be ramping up the volume to some pretty high levels over the next couple of weeks since classes will be ending and I will have more time.

Carlos, you wanna get in on this? I know you said your work capacity sucked. C’mon hunnie buns, it will be fun. John can join in on it if he wants. Itll be nice and gay.

HotCarl, is your real name Jared? I think I saw you on the bus this morning.

Jarrod, but yeah that was me