Resources for Muscle Balance

Thanks

[quote]workingout wrote:
Help. I’m looking for resources on muscle balance: I’d like to avoid muscle imbalance which I’ve read can lead to problems.

So, can anyone recommend any resources (websites, books… whatever) that suggest what the relative strengths of different muscle groups should be in order to be balanced?

Thanks[/quote]

If you’re starting out, I personally wouldn’t be too concerned about “numbers” or “values”. Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the minutia of the details instead of the big picture. Look, just getting into the habit of training is tough enough! Worrying about all these details will just overwhelm most folks!

In this case, I think worrying about “relative” strengths of opposing muscles around joints isn’t hugely important; making sure you do something (and equal effort) for the opposing muscle groups are. Making sure you get as strong as you can in each of these movements will more than likely address the “relative” strength issue you’re concerned about. You don’t want to go overboard and start doing every excercise in the book…but I think you get my point.