Resistant Starch

Anyone supplementing with this? Supposedly sorts out digestive problems a treat. Been plagued by digestive problems for years so I’d love to find a miracle supplement that could cure me (obviously I’m not really expecting miracles).

I’m picking some up tomorrow so I’ll report back as to how it goes. Apparently it’s a good idea to use probiotics at the same time so I’ll grab me some of those too.

1. There is already a thread discussing this.

2)Bottled probiotics suck. Make your own kefir using kefir grains.

1 - well this is the new and improved thread, motherfucker!

2 - Udo’s Choice apparently do not suck, although I do agree that making my own would be better. I found a blog by Chris Kesser on the topic and eeewwww that kefir shit looks disgusting, but I’ll give it a go. I’ll supplement with probiotics until my Kefir is ready.

Got me some potato starch, 1 tsp daily. Will do this for a week then increase. So far, very gassy. Not much else to report.

updates coming soon.

I’m not sure if it’s too early yet to tell, but it’s looking increasingly like something very significant is happening.

Will give it another week though just to be sure.

Be warned, I will be talking about my bowel movments…

I tried it off and on and noticed I was a little “backed up” is this a common reaction?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I tried it off and on and noticed I was a little “backed up” is this a common reaction?[/quote]

Could be your body not liking the increased fiber in general or it very well could be that this type of fiber doesn’t play well with your system.

There are some fiber sources which backs up other people but when I take them, it runs right out of me.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I tried it off and on and noticed I was a little “backed up” is this a common reaction?[/quote]

apparently yeah if you start with too much too soon. I did a week of 1 teaspoon, and have just started taking 2 teaspoons.

Results have been VERY encouraging so far but I’m worried it’s still a little early to tell…