Research on What Causes Frequent Injuries?

I already dealt with those modalities, I’m back to getting ART, but physio was a waste of time.

I don’t know what John Meadows training philosophy is, but I have reason to pick on him. He is highly enough regarded by people that aren’t stupid, LOL. He seems like a genuinely nice guy as well, so…
Anyway. There are a lot of lifting injuries in “BBing”, anecdotally. But not so much with the top guys. I have seen a lot of “Gymrats” hurt themselves, and I have some opinions on that as well. The first problem is the number of these guys picking up a copy of Muscle & Fiction (Or whatever rag they prefer) and trying to do some “Pro” workout program. These guys are not informed enough. They just follow it as written without consideration for the difference between their body and a body capable of that routine - which in some cases is no one because it’s totally invented crap that no one did or does. Guys get hurt because they don’t listen to their body. It takes time to know the difference between too much and just being a wuss. Other times it is ego pushing guys along when patience would actually be faster in the long run - which again is not knowing their body well enough. Then there’s PEDS. Sure they contribute to recovery, but they also give people false notions of where they are at and make it difficult to listen to their body’s messages. They also affect different people different ways and certainly can lead to something like muscle development outpacing tendon or ligament development and causing a pull. Creatine is even known for causing an increase in tendon and ligament injury (At least in PL and Strongman)

This is just false, there are very many top guys who get significant injuries but do not use HIT. You hear about them, and then you don’t because usually their career is over. Or it stops them from getting to the top.

You probably saw a bad physio, in all honesty. What did you guys do together?

I mostly agree. Like you said, the lack of insight and experience combined with (usually) high-volume, high-intensity training is a recipe for disaster

Love it

Interesting, never heard talk of this but it makes sense. I wonder if part of that is over confidence from too much faith in the power of the supplement itself

I don’t think anyone was saying all people with injuries do HIT, moreso that there probably isn’t a significant reduction in probability of getting injured with HIT. Nonetheless, you do make a good point: training injuries exist right up to the highest level

Did someone say differently? I’m saying most top level guys do NOT get injured, regardless of training methodology. That’s one of the reason they advance - less time lost to injuries. When they do get hurt the career nears its end.

You are still wrong. Its very rare for them not to get injured. That’s why Shawn Ray bragged that until his final year of competition he only got injured once, and it was in that year, to his hamstring. All the top guys get injured: Cutler, Levrone, Yates, Coleman, Abbad, Dickerson, Platz etc. Just because you don’t know about it doesn’t mean its not happening.

We focused on flexibility, I had just had PRP injections and strength was not an issue.

Find a better physio. Flexibility is not a strong correlate to injury and PRP is a second-line treatment.

Are you in the USA?