Rescheduling WS4SB

Hey guys,

So I have been doing the WS4SB program for very close to 4 months now and my schedule for my entire the weekly training regimen as a martial artist has been like this:

Mon.: Max-effort upper body day

Tues.: Max-effort lower body day

Wednesday: Hapkido class

Thurs.: Repetition upper body day

Fri.: optional day repetition lower body day

Sat.: Hapkido class

Now, I am thinking about rearranging it to be like this:

Tues.: Hapkido class

Wed.: Max-effort lower body day

Thurs.: day off

Fri.: Repetition upper body day

Sun.: optional repetition lower body day

I know that in WS4SB III that Defranco said that you can split the program like that, but he only mentioned about the variation of the schedule where the max-effort upper body day would be done before the dynamic or max-effort lower body day and the max-effort or dynamic lower body day would be done before the repetition upper body being okay. However, as you can see with one that I am proposing, I want to do each upper body workout day before each lower body workout day. I prefer to rearrange the weekly schedule this way because then my body-especially my legs- wouldn’t feel so sore and fatigued on the days that I would practice my Hapkido classes. What do you think?

Your weights will probably drop if you switch but remember unless you compete in weight lifting or power lifting everything you do in the gym is just gpp. If switching your schedule makes you better able to train hapkido and that’s your goal then it’ll probably work out fine.

What I think is that you should post this in BSL/Beginners section, you practice Hapkido 2 times a week and do 3-4 days of lifting, that doesn’t excactly sound like you are lifting just to supplement your Hapkido training, I know meatheads who do more cardio than you practice your sport and they do it to supplement their lifting.

[quote]Bull_Scientist wrote:
Hey guys,

So I have been doing the WS4SB program for very close to 4 months now and my schedule for my entire the weekly training regimen as a martial artist has been like this:

I know that in WS4SB III that Defranco said that you can split the program like that, but he only mentioned about the variation of the schedule where the max-effort upper body day would be done before the dynamic or max-effort lower body day and the max-effort or dynamic lower body day would be done before the repetition upper body being okay. However, as you can see with one that I am proposing, I want to do each upper body workout day before each lower body workout day. I prefer to rearrange the weekly schedule this way because then my body-especially my legs- wouldn’t feel so sore and fatigued on the days that I would practice my Hapkido classes. What do you think?
[/quote]

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable switch in schedule. Go for it. I used to use a very similar schedule with good productivity.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Bull_Scientist wrote:
Hey guys,

[/quote]

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable switch in schedule. Go for it. I used to use a very similar schedule with good productivity.[/quote]

Alright then, I am gonna do the switch in my schedule from now on. Thanks Aragorn.

I think you will be fine.
Have you made much gains with WS4SB?

tweet