Reracking Debate of 2010

When you rerack your weights do you strip the bar completely or do you leave a 45 on each side?

I leave 1 45 on each side.

Let the debate begin.

I rerack, and am the anal dildo that organizes the DB rack before I start lifting.

But my gym is fucking awesome about that shit, and is typically very organized.

I leave a 45 on the leg press, if it’s a barbell I completely re rack.

On the Hammer Strength machines I leave a 45 on each side, because that’s usually how I find them.

I will also add, if I have a super back pump going, I will leave plates on the plate loaded machines while I lay on the floor like a little bitch

Strip completely. While I might work up to 400 lbs I start with the bar.

You guys use those 45s?

And gals? Haha, I was too slow.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Strip completely. [/quote]

Now yer talkin

I rerack it all.

I walk to whatever equipment I plan on using for my next exercise and load it with as many 45’s as it can handle, so nobody wants to take the time to unload it, then when it’s time for me to use it, it’s always free!! I also hide the dumbells when I’m done using them.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I leave a 45 on the leg press, if it’s a barbell I completely re rack. [/quote]

Same here.

Because one douchebag who used the machine/equipment before didn’t know how to pick up after themselves does not give anyone else reason not to.

If I see a bar with 45’s on it, I’ll add 3 plates to each side. 405 is the new 135.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Because one douchebag who used the machine/equipment before didn’t know how to pick up after themselves does not give anyone else reason not to.[/quote]

^x10
I put dumbells back in the right spot and clear the bar. And even put the jumpstretch bands back in there spot. Why be a prick just because you can.

I usually leave a 45 on ther hs and leg press, but my gym is a shit hole and that is actually very respectful where I go.

I leave all my clothes on, but I take all the weight off the bar, at least at “The Y”.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I leave all my clothes on, but I take all the weight off the bar, at least at “The Y”.

[/quote]

Then you know nothing about working out at my Y.

Leg press…meh
Bench press etc…unload the freakin bar. If you can load it you can un load it.

Fuck it! If I do strip the bar I’m dropping the plates right there and leaving the area. Dumb bells get thrown after my last rep and wherever they land is where they stay…til they roll.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

Then you know nothing about working out at my Y.[/quote]

This is funny on so many levels.