Reputable TRT Doctor in Kansas City Area?

I am looking for a Doctor in the KC area. I’ve been in trt for 4 years, but the last 2 years I’ve seen significant weight gain in the midsection and I’m feeling run down. 46 years old and retired USMC, my primary DR hasn’t a clue and I would really like to feel better again. Any advice would be most appreciated.

It’s easier to just go with a telemedicine clinic instead of playing the doctor lottery which you could do for years before finding one who is knowledgeable.

Understand most doctors are clueless in the hormone department and no nothing about testosterone, estrogen and how SHBG affects all of these hormones. When you seek a doctor under an insurance network (sick care) for your TRT, you will mostly find clueless doctors.

If a doctors wants to become a hormone doctor which includes TRT as an area of expertise, he/she will need to seek additional education after completing medical school most opt to skip because they have chosen to ignore TRT as a field of medicine to practice.

You’re looking for the minority, a needle in a haystack.

A friend swears by this doc in Lawrence:

1 Like

Completely unfamiliar with telemedicine clinic.

1. What is telemedicine clinic?
    Thank you so much for the reply.

Thank you

1 Like

A telemedicine clinic for example Defy Medical offers consultants over the phone or skype once you have completed a health physical, then prescribes TRT, thyroid treatment and anything else you may need, places an order with Empower pharmacy and mails you your medicine.

Telemedicine is going to be the future.

1 Like

My friend and his wife both go to Dr. Durland for their hormone replacement and they love her.

2 Likes

Listen to system I wouldjust say listen to what he is saying about the lottery . Otherwise it truly is a waste of time.

Or this :slight_smile:

If you can get a local referral, which you have, I would look into that. My personal preference is to have a face to face relationship with my doctors. Asking for referrals is a good place to start. If you do not know anyone locally on TRT, maybe ask around at a gym. You’ll find guys on TRT there.

If unable to find one, telemedicine is an option. Make sure the doctor is licensed in your state. For telemedicine, almost every state requires the doctor to be licensed in the state in which the patient resides. Most require an initial face to face visit prior to going to telemedicine.

1 Like

Thank you for the great advice

Thank you for your service. It is unfortunate the VA does not do more in this area of men’s health.

If the VA did it their would be ZERO individualization. It would all be in accordance with a protocol. I’ll take the free market! Lol