T Nation

Republicans Hate Blacks!

I thought this was amusing. If you’re from Georgia, you might be familiar with this. See, if politicians are going to do attack ads, they should all be this extreme. It’d make campaigns more fun.

John Lewis= Democrat Congressman
Andy Young= Former Atlanta Mayor
Shirley Franklin= Current Alanta Mayor

“This is Congressman John Lewis.”
“And I’m Mayor Shirley Franklin”

“And I’m Andy Young”

(John Lewis) “On November 7th we face the most dangerous situation we ever have. If you think fighting off dogs and water hoses in the sixties was bad, imagine if we sit idly by and let the right-wing Republicans take control of the Fulton County Commision.”

(Shirley Franklin) “The efforts of Martin and Coretta King, Hosea Williams, Maynard Jackson and many others will be lost. That’s why we must stand up and we must turn out the vote for the Democrats on Election Day.”

(Andy Young) “And especially for John Eaves for Fulton County Commission Chairman. Unless you want them to turn back the clock on equal rights and human rights and economic opportunity for all of us, vote for John Eaves as Fulton County Chairman”

(Lewis) “Your very life may depend on it.”

(John Eaves) "This message paid for by the committee to elect John Eaves

That cannot be real. Tell me that’s not real?

If it IS real, I can’t wait to see the local liberal fuckwads’ posts defending it.

That is ridiculous!

WTF?

Oh it’s very real. I live here, it’s very, very real. The problem is that it worked, well.

I guess if ‘vote for us or you will be attacked’ can work for a few elections so can ‘those people hate black people’ can work too.

That is very sad.

What comes around goes around.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
I guess if ‘vote for us or you will be attacked’ can work for a few elections so can ‘those people hate black people’ can work too.

That is very sad.

What comes around goes around.[/quote]

True, very true.

Yeah, well it’s the same fear mongering tactic that the republicans use to scare Americans, only not with terrorism or bin Landen, etc.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Yeah, well it’s the same fear mongering tactic that the republicans use to scare Americans, only not with terrorism or bin Landen, etc.[/quote]

But see that is impossible - the Left denounces fear-mongering, would never, ever, ever use the politics of fear to try and get someone elected, and think that such tactics are the work of embryonic fascism.

You should be picking up my sarcasm.

And, by the way, I realize you are drunk on relativism, but discussing terror as a policy issue by saying “we make you safer” is not the same as relying on this racist nonsense.

If so, you would be ho-hum with ads in Illinois trying to scare people into not voting for Barack Obama because he is half-black?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Yeah, well it’s the same fear mongering tactic that the republicans use to scare Americans, only not with terrorism or bin Landen, etc.

But see that is impossible - the Left denounces fear-mongering, would never, ever, ever use the politics of fear to try and get someone elected, and think that such tactics are the work of embryonic fascism.

You should be picking up my sarcasm.

[/quote]

Ummm…I do not believe in relativism (except for the General and Special Theories of). I am just pointing out what goes around comes around. Besides this you give libs way too much credit for not using fear tactics–they wave around the Bill of Rights as much as conservatives thump their Bibles. Same approach just different message.

But many black do fear disenfranchisment and the loss of their rights as much as many people fear being killed by a terrorist.

Script: National Black Republican Association 60-Second Radio Spot Paid for by the Black Republican Freedom Fund, an NBRA 527 affiliate Not authorized by any candidate or political committee

Pam: Dr. King was a real man.

Tina: You know . . he was a Republican.

Pam: Dr. King, a Republican? Really?

Tina: Democrats passed those Black Codes and Jim Crow laws. Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan.

Pam: The Klan . . . White hoods and sheets?!

Tina: Democrats fought ALL Civil Rights Legislation from the 1860?s to the 1960?s. Democrats released those vicious dogs and fire hoses on blacks.

Pam: Seriously!

Tina: And the Dixiecrats? Remained Democrats and vowed to vote for a yellow dog, before a Republican. Republicans freed us from slavery and put our right to vote in the Constitution.

Pam: What?

Tina: Republicans started the NAACP, affirmative action and the HBCU?s.

Pam: Democrats have bamboozled blacks.

Tina: Democrats blocked the minimum wage passed by Republicans. Over 200 billion dollars have been spent on education, healthcare and job training since President Bush took office.

Pam: So, Democrats want to keep us POOR and voting ONLY Democrat.

Tina: Democrats want us to accept same-sex marriages; teen abortions without a parent?s consent and suing the Boy Scouts for saying ?God? in their pledge.

Pam: We NEED to THINK! and vote OUR own values.

Tina: Exactly? Democrats have talked the talk, but Republicans have walked the walk.

Pam: I hear ya girl. It time for us to ?DO? the walk.

(Together they laugh about it.)

Why would anyone be surprised what a politician says or does to keep his/her job? No matter what race, ALL politicians are power hungry and hold their own self interest over the constituents’. It’s just a matter of choosing the less of two evils.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there was plenty of this vile rhetoric from both sides. This just happens to be local for me, and was the most extreme I had heard. So extreme it was actually funny, in a weird way.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
Script: National Black Republican Association 60-Second Radio Spot Paid for by the Black Republican Freedom Fund, an NBRA 527 affiliate Not authorized by any candidate or political committee

Pam: Dr. King was a real man.

Tina: You know . . he was a Republican.

Pam: Dr. King, a Republican? Really?

Tina: Democrats passed those Black Codes and Jim Crow laws. Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan.

Pam: The Klan . . . White hoods and sheets?!

Tina: Democrats fought ALL Civil Rights Legislation from the 1860?s to the 1960?s. Democrats released those vicious dogs and fire hoses on blacks.

Pam: Seriously!

Tina: And the Dixiecrats? Remained Democrats and vowed to vote for a yellow dog, before a Republican. Republicans freed us from slavery and put our right to vote in the Constitution.

Pam: What?

Tina: Republicans started the NAACP, affirmative action and the HBCU?s.

Pam: Democrats have bamboozled blacks.

Tina: Democrats blocked the minimum wage passed by Republicans. Over 200 billion dollars have been spent on education, healthcare and job training since President Bush took office.

Pam: So, Democrats want to keep us POOR and voting ONLY Democrat.

Tina: Democrats want us to accept same-sex marriages; teen abortions without a parent?s consent and suing the Boy Scouts for saying ?God? in their pledge.

Pam: We NEED to THINK! and vote OUR own values.

Tina: Exactly? Democrats have talked the talk, but Republicans have walked the walk.

Pam: I hear ya girl. It time for us to ?DO? the walk.

(Together they laugh about it.) [/quote]

that’s funny, 1 question though, I thought Lincoln’s republicans were closer to today’s democrats than today’s republicans?

[quote]Ren wrote:

that’s funny, 1 question though, I thought Lincoln’s republicans were closer to today’s democrats than today’s republicans?[/quote]

That would be erroneous.

It’s too hard to compare different eras.

It’s safe to say Lincoln was as liberal as a major-party Illinois politician could be at the time, while hoping to obtain statewide support for public office.

While his administration may have indeed ended the institution of slavery in the United States, the fact remains that Abraham Lincoln was not personally that fond of black people.

“What next? Free them, and make them politically and socially, our equals? My own feelings will not admit of this; and if mine would, we well know that those of the greater mass of white people will not.”

–1854, in a speech on the Kansas-Nebraska Act.

“I will say here while upon this subject, that I have no purpose directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so. I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is a physical difference between the two, which in my judgment will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong, having the superior position.”

–1858, debates with Judge Stephen A. Douglas

There are many, many more such examples, but these two should suffice.

Have you even read the Lincoln-Douglas debates? Again, Lincoln was campaigning for office in Illinois, and there was little question that voters in that state in those days harbored a virulent bias toward blacks. Only a few years before the debate they had voted by overwhelming margins for a constitutional amendment to bar free blacks from entering their state. Given the sway of the voters he was seeking to influence, the significant fact is not that he muted his opposition to slavery on a few occasions but that he expounded it at all.

And I’m not sure Lincoln was personally acquainted with many blacks besides Frederick Douglass who stated, “Lincoln was the first great man that I talked with in the United States freely who in no single instance reminded me of the difference between himself and myself, of the difference of color.”

Racism is a curse on this land.

Look at Nancy Pelosi trying to kick a black congressman (Jefferson, of NOLA)off of Ways and Means. True, he was filmed taking a $100,000 bribe and the money was found in his freezer on an FBI raid, but she’s obviously a rascist.

Just like O.J. was innocent.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Racism is a curse on this land.

Look at Nancy Pelosi trying to kick a black congressman (Jefferson, of NOLA)off of Ways and Means. True, he was filmed taking a $100,000 bribe and the money was found in his freezer on an FBI raid, but she’s obviously a rascist.

Just like O.J. was innocent.[/quote]

You’re not a racist if you want to prosecute black corrupt politicians. You’re a racist if you imply black politicians are more likely to be corrupt and in the mean time, you support white corrupt politicians.

You’re not racist if you want to convict a black murderer. You’re a racist if you can’t get over him not being found guilty, while not thinking twice about the white killers that havn’t even been charged.

Racism is indeed a curse.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Ren wrote:

that’s funny, 1 question though, I thought Lincoln’s republicans were closer to today’s democrats than today’s republicans?

That would be erroneous.

[/quote]

Lincoln’s Republicans were closer to today’s democrats than today’s Republicans.

You can take that to the bank.