Republican and African Americans

Look at the American revolution, MLK, Rosa Parks, etc… Sure, sometimes the guys that plays dirty win the game, but can they look themselves in the mirror? Some, yes, many, no.

Yes, they will, but what’s the alternative? Should we rape and behead ISIS fighters? What makes our cause right if we’re doing the same disgusting things they’re doing?

Sure, it works, but that doesn’t mean the principled candidate is setting themselves up to lose if they aren’t willing to sacrifice said principles.

3 Likes

To a degree, I agree with you 100% I really don’t understand the outrage. Kanye is a guy who’s famous for his mouth and he married and untalented hot chick for the status points. He’s a slam dunk Trumper.

How are people shocked…?

1 Like

Ain’t nothing wrong with a 7/8 rise/run. Or 8/8 in that case. Pythagoras and Descartes are rolling over in their graves.

I remember when Kanye said Bush hates black people & everyone went bananas. Now he’s wearing a MAGA… GTFO here… Dudes lost his shit… Trump’s spent decades race baiting and been sued & in news over his racist nonsense…he’s actually a documented racist. Just Google Trump & black people… Top 3 are… His building’s that wouldn’t rent to them. His treatment of them at the Taj, Central Park 5…& The list goes on😑

1 Like

Actually, this is not strictly an AA issue in the US. In many countries, minorities - whether racial, ethnic or religious - have very specific roads of success that are deemed “acceptable” by the majority.

You’re a minority and you want to be an super-successful athlete? Great.
You want to make a living in the entertainment industry? A musician, actor or a comedian? Wonderful. There’s nothing funnier that a minority as a comic relief.

But try to dabble in politics or aspire for a prominent position in the business world? Suddenly, everybody’s up in arms and foaming at the mouth about how you’re “incompatible with such a responsible position” for a variety of reasons that suddenly sprang up out of nowhere.

In the US it’s immediately visible because the divide is racial, elsewhere it’s more subtle.

Who can remember:

“Can you believe the lies coming from Hillary? No person should be President who lies!”

“Trump lies, like, constantly.”

“Just the way the game is played, bro. Whaddyagonnado. Vote GOP!!1!”

1 Like

I guess my problem is with the messaging. I see these commercials designed to inspire and all of that and they show exceptionally talented people doing something famously awesome, when realistically, they are the exception, not the norm.

Not much messaging saying “go be that guy who provides for his family and puts his kid through college”. Its not very inspirational and doesn’t sell shoes.

1 Like

Did I excuse Reps at any point? I thought I made clear that all politicians seek power and screw over the peasants. I believe I called Trump odious in this very thread.

@pfury calling me zeb. Ouch man. I’ll get you back… with my second account :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

What’s “Black America”? If anything’s a problem it’s this… We’re all in it together.

It hurt me to say. It really did. Buuuuuut you did essentially say if you can’t beat em, join em.

(Besides, I wouldnt say being Zeb is necessarily a bad thing. He’s just so partisan it makes my brain hurt. You still have time!!!)

1 Like

Yes, it’s a self-perpetuated cultural paradigm, but here are two interesting studies.

There’s a positive correlation between perceived manliness and ruggedness of one’s face and one’s position on the corporate ladder. For white men, that is. For black corporate achievers it’s seems the situation is directly opposite - softer features are preferred.

You are a little naive if you don’t think people aren’t separated by groups for political purposes at least. Do your research on different voting blocks, it’s really pretty simple. I would love to have that kumbaya attitude about us all being in this together but we both know that’s not true, especially with this administration. Maybe one day.

What if I’m a crabby cynical son of a bitch that hates both sides and just wants to watch the world burn?.. Was that Nero? Great, now I need to learn to play the fiddle.

I don’t have the energy left to believe in anyone. I enjoy discussing politics with you guys, but I have zero faith that statesmen still exist. Or if they do they’ll never get near the reigns of power again.

All fine opinions to have. Buuuuuut it kinda sticks you in Zeb territory. If you’re cool with that so am I :D.

I support your life choices. Just know the mocking will ensue

If you want to be defined by what others think and do, that’s fine with me. I am not and haven’t and won’t be.
I cannot be mad all the damn time at everything. It doesn’t fix anything. I can control what I do, and that’s what I do…

For all the marching and chattering and twitter fights that have gone on, not one damn thing has improved as a result, not one. Identity politics and tribalism makes things worse not better.

Proverb: It does not help to turn-in to the skid when you’re on ice.

Oooo, I get to use ‘Devil Went Down to Georgia’ now:

You wouldn’t say that if youd been able to troll my family as much as I have in the past ~16 months. Shits golden man

So you’ve gotten closer as a family?

That sounds about as much fun as scrubbing my ass with a Brillo pad…

Oh god no. But my family has started googling the stories they share before posting them to confirm they’re real. So I’d call that an improvement

(Quits job, starts googling “how do I get the job holding a stop sign on the paving crew”)

2 Likes