Reps for Big Movements?

coach,

i was just wondering (after reading the recent article where you mention that a hypertropthy ramp can be 6-8 reps) if during one of your 35 minute to muscle workouts (with the different force factors such as bands, chains, etc.) , if it would be ok to also use sets of 5 reps instead of 3 for big movements such as front squat, row, and not just isolation movements such as curls and extensions.

thanks for your time coach, and hope the rest of your training in colorado goes well.

[quote]dayne_lathrop wrote:
coach,

i was just wondering (after reading the recent article where you mention that a hypertropthy ramp can be 6-8 reps) if during one of your 35 minute to muscle workouts (with the different force factors such as bands, chains, etc.) , if it would be ok to also use sets of 5 reps instead of 3 for big movements such as front squat, row, and not just isolation movements such as curls and extensions.

thanks for your time coach, and hope the rest of your training in colorado goes well.[/quote]

Sure… I use sets of 5 with bodybuilders along with the sets of 3… actually we don’t even count reps sometimes they get 3, sometimes 5 sometimes 4, etc.