Reporting Gay to the CORPS

I agree with the first two folks. Being a Marine I know that the Corps has an absolute Zero Tolerance policy for homosexual behavior - but that most definitely doesn’t stop it. I would first tell him that the advances are unwanted and creepy and tell him that if any more unwanted advances occur that you will be forced to contact his command.
That will stop him.
On the other hand, this may sound predujice, but I’m not sure I really want gays in my Corps…

If he was a woman you weren’t interested in sleeping with, would you feel the same outrage right now after her advances? Look you got hit on, you aren’t interested. It is simple, deal with it the same way you would deal with a girl who hit on you and you had only wanted to be friends with. Just tell him you thought you were just friends and would like to keep it that way. You aren’t interested in him sexually / relationship wise.

Things like this don’t happen to people who are comfortable with their sexuality, the sexuality of others and are open and honest without the need to be rude about it.

In a nut shell, just be a mature adult with this situation, like I would hope you are with all the rest of lifes situations.

I hate to be so brutally honest…but you are a pussy.

You should assert yourself and not let someone make unwanted sexual advances on you.

You are a grown man and you have the ability to pick and choose who you hang out with. If your friend makes you uncomfortable then you dont have to hang out with him. Unless he sparks your curiousity ;).

To even suggest the idea of jeopardizing someone’s career is just ridiculous and immature.

I’m in the Navy and granted there is a lot of gays in the military and i may not agree with the gay lifestyle and some gay individuals’ behavior may annoy me; but they are still here dedicating themselves to a job and to a mission. To threatened their livelihood because they make you feel uncomfortable is selfish and ludacris.

You need to put things in prospective. Your selfishness could potential ruin someone’s life. The offense of being gay in the military is about 4 violations of the UCMJ if not more- fraudulent enlistment, homosexual behavior, failure to obey a direct order, sodomy, etc. This could cause this individual to go to the brig, to restriction, and/or give this individual the stigma of a dishonorable discharge, which will leave him unable to even be hired by mcdonalds.

You are no better than some rich little daddy’s girl who threatens to get a waiter fired because her water isnt cold enough, except for the fact that you’re much worse.

I hope you will think about what you are considering before you do anything drastic.

P.S. Grow some balls and assert yourself!!

[quote]drugzkill wrote:
I hate to be so brutally honest…but you are a pussy.
[/quote]

Your entire post could have simply been written as “You are a pussy”. We all would agree and applaud.

I’d hit it

[quote]baretta wrote:
I’d hit it[/quote]

LMFAO!!!

This is turning into a big joke - some really funny posts going on though.

Seriously, haven’t you got a fucking mind of your own? Tell him to fuck off and be done with it. Reporting him could potentially ruin his life in one way or another - do you really want that?

It’s not a complicated situation - find something real to talk about for fuck sake.

OK so I won’t report him. I actually appreciate the harshess because I’m seeing the situation more clearly now. However, please understand that this wasn’t just getting hit on by a random gay guy. It was a serious breach of trust and I was extremely pissed off about it. I consider it bordering on harrassment since he should have known that this would be unwelcome.

Also maybe you guys are just more tolerant of homosexuality than I am… when I read his message, I wanted to throw up. I was shocked. And, I didn’t think the Marines wanted gays, and that it might be a good thing to report him. I don’t want to ruin anyone’s life but in some circumstances that concern may be secondary.

Well that was very odd and silly of you not to confront him and stop his innapropriate behavior earlier. It would be wrong of you just to report him without telling him to stop first at this point.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
OK so I won’t report him. I actually appreciate the harshess because I’m seeing the situation more clearly now. However, please understand that this wasn’t just getting hit on by a random gay guy. It was a serious breach of trust and I was extremely pissed off about it. I consider it bordering on harrassment since he should have known that this would be unwelcome.

Also maybe you guys are just more tolerant of homosexuality than I am… when I read his message, I wanted to throw up. I was shocked. And, I didn’t think the Marines wanted gays, and that it might be a good thing to report him. I don’t want to ruin anyone’s life but in some circumstances that concern may be secondary. [/quote]

I’m reasonably tolerant of it. But not if I received attention from homosexuals in the manner you describe. This is certainly not a secondary concern when you let such behavior continue without even attempting to stop it, instead your thought being to report it.

[quote]rsg wrote:

Seriously, haven’t you got a fucking mind of your own? Tell him to fuck off and be done with it. Reporting him could potentially ruin his life in one way or another - do you really want that?

It’s not a complicated situation - find something real to talk about for fuck sake.[/quote]

Damn straight

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
rsg wrote:

It’s not a complicated situation - find something real to talk about for fuck sake.

Damn straight[/quote]

Pun intended?

Report him to ADMIN for equipment failure, His gaydar is broke.

Bullpup

[quote]Matgic wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
rsg wrote:

Damn straight

Pun intended?[/quote]

HAHAHAHAH!

See what I mean…A BIG joke.

[quote]bullpup wrote:

[/quote]

…or is it?

Report him.

[quote]Matgic wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
rsg wrote:

Damn straight

Pun intended?[/quote]

haha. Sure, why not.

You could tell him that you contacted his command about his sexual preferences and his harassing you. The stress he would go through would definitely take his mind off of you. Best of all, you get the message across without damaging his place in the military.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
bullpup wrote:

…or is it?[/quote]

I’m thinking it works just fine.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
the stench of immature asshole comes wafting.[/quote]

He lists his occupation as “kicking ass.” I’m thinking unemployed 20-something living in his parents’ basement.