Replacing Upright Row

I had to quit upright rows due to forearm pain more so than shoulder pain.

When I tried John Parrillo’s routine he incorporated what he called a strap pull on the seated long pull (rowing) machine, where you pulled the straps to your face. But with your legs braced you could move a lot of weight. It was the second shoulder exercise after the press. If only a rope was available I used wrist straps to hold the rope at its ends.

Yeah its cool, i just wanted to know if you really see the difference.
I dont suppose you can show pics before and after a certain exercise, so i could also see the difference?
It doesnt matter much - its all good, i just said that i cant really show anyone a pic of “see my arms are waaay smaller because i didnt do this exercise before”.

Yea, sure, i agree.
Its just that i said those two things you quoted as a reply to different ideas/topics.
But when you combine what i said - yea, i guess it also makes sense and i have nothing against that way of thinking.

Its just that i am more for this :

Exactly how i think about everything in life, haha :smiley:

1 Like

I wish I had them lol. This was years ago when I was lean (with some muscle) and even then, it probably wouldn’t be noticable to others the way it was for me.

It’s like bros with a pump at the gym. They can tell their bros how sick their pump is and take pictures, yet to everyone else they look no different. IME, we will all notice impeccably small improvements in ourselves and no one else would be able to see a difference.

This is what i am going by.
I dont take shit serious if im the only one seeing it. Just as i hate tattoos which need to be explained : “this is a soul of my dead grandmother leaving this world and entering a new one” - no, its a fucking butterfly on your ass. If the tattoo is not readable its shit.
Same is with “results” and all this stuff we are talking about. If no one can really say : “whoa dude it looks like do a lot of incline, and less flat bench” then it doesnt matter which one you do.
And i have never seen anyone be able to tell by the persons body, which exercises they do more.

p.s - im not arguing, im just talking and expressing what I think, thats all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I LOLed

Agreed. I think it’s entirely anecdotal and non-quantifiable which exercises work best - I know I went by what “felt right” for years and did pretty well with that alone so all I can do is speak for myself :slightly_smiling_face:

@hankthetank89 bringing the pain as usual

2 Likes

a) this shouders in a bottle no uprights needed…

(do once a week)

b) any special reason you’re training shoulders every time you’re in the gym? -that likely to irritate shoulders more than anything -ie try look at some other 3 day templates

2 Likes

I work 3 days a week and each time full body routine

Here my latest routine please comment on it