T Nation

Replacement Exercises

I just started the Hard Body program and have realized there are some exercises I can't do at home due to lack of equipment. Those would be rowing, leg curls/extensions and lat pull-downs. Do you CT or anyone else have suggestions as to what I can do instead? Thank you!

What equipment do you have available?
ham curls=https://www.T-Nation.com/training/hamstring-hell-sliding-leg-curls (use a towel on hard floor)
leg extension=sissy squat

With the lat pull downs you could just swap it for any back exercise, I know it’s not what the programme says but to me the most important thing is balancing out the push/pull volume.

Rower=burpees, lots of burpees.

Hope that helps

The only thing that comes close to a rower is an airdyne or assault bike. But you probably don’t have that either :slight_smile: One drill that I like is burpees jump pull ups… basically you do your burpess below a pull-up bar and at the end of each burpee you jump and do a pull-up… the jump makes the pull-ups much easier especially if you jump high (I once did 150 in a workout) but it still involves the back.

“One drill that I like is burpees jump pull ups”

Genius as always!!!

Thanks guys! Yeah,no I don’t have an airdyne.The only machine I own is a treadmill. Thank you both for the suggestions. I wish I did have a rower, jump pull-up burpees sound…amazing :-/ (ha! This is going to be great!)

I didn’t get back to the forum in time to see suggestions for the Tuesday workout so I did Good Mornings and lunges both with an empty barbell. Are those OK to replace the curls/extensions? Or are those too taxing for my pump day?

Thanks
Natasha

[quote]Tash-Yo wrote:
Thanks guys! Yeah,no I don’t have an airdyne.The only machine I own is a treadmill. Thank you both for the suggestions. I wish I did have a rower, jump pull-up burpees sound…amazing :-/ (ha! This is going to be great!)

I didn’t get back to the forum in time to see suggestions for the Tuesday workout so I did Good Mornings and lunges both with an empty barbell. Are those OK to replace the curls/extensions? Or are those too taxing for my pump day?

Thanks
Natasha [/quote]

If you do them “constant tension” style it might work… only doing the middle part of the range of motion to keep the muscle under tension.

Thank you Christian!