T Nation

Repeating the Weights for a Given Cycle

Lets say you have a vad day and dont lift the goals that you aet before the workout one day in your cycle. Is it ok to just repeat the weights for another cycle rather than bump up the weights?

It is ok to to repeat a cycle. It is also ok to reset/lower the weight (see: 5 forward, 3 back).

If you had just ONE bad day that happens to everyone and you can probably go ahead and move forward with the program. If you are REPEATEDLY missing some lift then it is time to adjust the TM.

If you do the 5/3 plan AND follow the periodization plan of the 5/3, you leave less to chance.

What are you referring to when you say “periodization plan of the 5/3”? I understand that the 5/3 is referring to ‘5 forward, 3 back’, but is there any other complexity to it beyond that? (Besides the 5/3/1 weekly percentages, of course.)

Thank you.

[quote]MonkeyO wrote:
I understand that the 5/3 is referring to ‘5 forward, 3 back’, but is there any other complexity to it beyond that?[/quote]

Nope.

[quote]MonkeyO wrote:
What are you referring to when you say “periodization plan of the 5/3”? I understand that the 5/3 is referring to ‘5 forward, 3 back’, but is there any other complexity to it beyond that? (Besides the 5/3/1 weekly percentages, of course.)

Thank you.[/quote]

I outlined a periodization plan for each of the 5 cycles. It allows a better game plan than just going ape shit every week.

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
I outlined a periodization plan for each of the 5 cycles. It allows a better game plan than just going ape shit every week. [/quote]

This isn’t in the book at all, is it? I don’t remember reading it in there… Is this on your premium site?

Thanks!!
-Derron

[quote]d_bohne wrote:

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
I outlined a periodization plan for each of the 5 cycles. It allows a better game plan than just going ape shit every week. [/quote]

This isn’t in the book at all, is it? I don’t remember reading it in there… Is this on your premium site?

Thanks!!
-Derron
[/quote]

Yes, it’s on his site. It might be elsewhere but I haven’t looked…

Be patient, everybody has bad days.