Reparations for Slavery..

well we could go over to the obamaforum and get their views. they think they are owed everything.

[quote]toejam wrote:
well we could go over to the obamaforum and get their views. they think they are owed everything.[/quote]

If people are serious with the stuff I’ve read there…the only thing owed to them is a serious beating.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
toejam wrote:
well we could go over to the obamaforum and get their views. they think they are owed everything.

If people are serious with the stuff I’ve read there…the only thing owed to them is a serious beating.[/quote]

Quite frankly I do not think that some of them have the neural capacity to experience pain.

Kind of like a lobster.

I don’t agree with the idea of repartons at all. What I really wonder though, is IF they were paid what affect would they have on the black community? I really don’t think it would have much because the money would have to come from somewhere. But what I really wonder is if they were paid would people like Jesse Jackson, or groups like the Nation of Islam finally stop greiving about the sins of he past.

[quote]jawara wrote:
But what I really wonder is if they were paid would people like Jesse Jackson, or groups like the Nation of Islam finally stop greiving about the sins of he past.[/quote]

Are jackals and hyenas generally satisfied if you throw them a bone or two?

[quote]jawara wrote:
I don’t agree with the idea of repartons at all. What I really wonder though, is IF they were paid what affect would they have on the black community? I really don’t think it would have much because the money would have to come from somewhere. But what I really wonder is if they were paid would people like Jesse Jackson, or groups like the Nation of Islam finally stop greiving about the sins of he past.[/quote]

There will always be ignorance and fear and priest and politicians will always be there to to exploit that.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
jawara wrote:
But what I really wonder is if they were paid would people like Jesse Jackson, or groups like the Nation of Islam finally stop greiving about the sins of he past.

Are jackals and hyenas generally satisfied if you throw them a bone or two?[/quote]

You and Orion brought up some good points.

Reperations on top of food-stamps, low cost government housing, cheating on income taxes(letting others claim your children on their taxes for mutual profit), etc…

No thanks.

I know that those examples aren’t African American only, but I’ve noticed where I live anyway, that it’s mostly an African American issue.

[quote]jawara wrote:
I don’t agree with the idea of repartons at all. What I really wonder though, is IF they were paid what affect would they have on the black community? I really don’t think it would have much because the money would have to come from somewhere. But what I really wonder is if they were paid would people like Jesse Jackson, or groups like the Nation of Islam finally stop greiving about the sins of he past.[/quote]

Jesse Jackson will always have something to bitch about, if he did not, he might actually have to get an ordinary job.

yea him and that other crazy bastard,sharpton

[quote]Mhatch wrote:
Reperations on top of food-stamps, low cost government housing, cheating on income taxes(letting others claim your children on their taxes for mutual profit), etc…

No thanks.

I know that those examples aren’t African American only, but I’ve noticed where I live anyway, that it’s mostly an African American issue.[/quote]

I can agree with that.

Hell my room mate worked at a Dollar General for a while and he had some pretty funny stories about customers there. One of the ones that pissed him off the most, was a “businessman” trying to organize people with more than two kids and people with less than two kids, so that everyone could claim two dependents on their taxes. The people with more than two kids would obviously get paid by whoever claimed their extra kids.

Not to say blacks ask for reparations but the subject does come up along with slavery.

Here are my two cents, Blacks started slavery in africa.It was only our ancestors who brought it here.

Secondly, Do any of you think Jews and pols have or do ask for reparations in germany.I bet they dont.

Im not saying blacks ask for anything, but it comes up.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
Here are my two cents, Blacks started slavery in africa.It was only our ancestors who brought it here.

Secondly, Do any of you think Jews and pols have or do ask for reparations in germany.I bet they dont.
[/quote]

Well, here are my three cents.

The first slaves, and the first slave-owners, may have had dark skin, but they weren’t what we would think of as "blacks, " and it was probably in what is now Iraq, not Africa.

As soon as humans invented agriculture and the beginnings of civilization (in the Tigris and Euphrates valley), a bunch of men got together, grabbed a bunch of pointy sticks, then went off to a neighboring village, captured a bunch of people, brought them back and forced them to work in the fields for them.

By the way, you know where we get the word “slave?” From the Latin word sclava, which means Slav. In other words, the predominant race of people enslaved during the time of the Romans were Slavic people. Which, you may have noticed, are generally white.

Slavery is as old as humanity. Everyone has enslaved someone, at some time or another, just as everyone has been enslaved by someone at some time or another. Therefore, talk of reparations for slavery is ridiculous: everyone would be owed, and everyone would owe.

And anyway, in the case of reparations for the slavery of Africans in North America, I’d say that debt has already been paid, by the blood of 700,000 Americans, between 1861 and 1865.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
And anyway, in the case of reparations for the slavery of Africans in North America, I’d say that debt has already been paid, by the blood of 700,000 Americans, between 1861 and 1865.[/quote]

Hmmm…I would say that was just the “interest.” You know as well as I do that the Civil War wasn’t for the slaves…considering a portion of the 700,000 were all about expanding slavery.

But I do see were you’re coming from.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
And anyway, in the case of reparations for the slavery of Africans in North America, I’d say that debt has already been paid, by the blood of 700,000 Americans, between 1861 and 1865.

Hmmm…I would say that was just the “interest.” You know as well as I do that the Civil War wasn’t for the slaves…considering a portion of the 700,000 were all about expanding slavery.

[/quote]

The thing is, Big Boss, I find it ironic that the descendants of the only people in history to have fought a war resulting in the abolition of slavery, an institution practiced all over the world since before recorded history, are also the only ones in the world who are now expected to fork over cash for their ancestors ever having abetted it.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

The thing is, Big Boss, I find it ironic that the descendants of the only people in history to have fought a war resulting in the abolition of slavery, an institution practiced all over the world since before recorded history, are also the only ones in the world who now expected to fork over cash for their ancestors ever having abetted it.[/quote]

Keep in mind that abolition was not the direct goal of Civil War. But it was the only sliver of hope slaves had in finally getting their freedom. For that,abolition should be respected. Which reminds me of my somewhat pet peeve of Juneteenth holiday being under appreciated by my generation(and younger)here in TX. Its significance means so much more than just a reason to have parties…drunken quarrels…and shootings. I’m rambling from my own experiences.

Anyways,the significance of abolition is somewhat tainted by the many more years of human/civil rights violations…some no different than slavery. But as far as us descendants of slaves…we are losing the moral values that allowed us to get this far in America. We’ve overcome soo much. Yes,you have your group that bark constantly about reparations,but you also have to look at what else those individuals have in common.

Which incidentally are qualities no hardworking black person should be proud of. Or either they are just using “reparations” as a vehicle for their own selfish political gains…not for
“good interest” of black people as a whole. Like I said in earlier post: Hard work and success in today’s America(and the America leading up till now) fulfill what reparations cannot.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
[/quote]

They did ask for it and did receive it. They also get property back if they can prove that it is theirs.

All of this happened painfully slow which was a national disgrace at least for Austria, but if you are a Jew living in America whose relatives had to flee from Austria, our national archives are still full of art that is worth a shitload of money and definitely does not belong to us, so come and get it.

[quote]lixy wrote:
[/quote]

You must not have seen “Cannibal Holocaust”

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
Secondly, Do any of you think Jews and pols have or do ask for reparations in germany.I bet they dont. [/quote]

Are you freakin’ kidding me?