T Nation

Rep, Sets - I,BODYBUILDER

Hello im a new member and just recently started lifting weights, Dead lifts,squats,Bench,Military, and some iso movements.
Typicaly I’ll do a 6x6 and raise like 5-10lbs a week on my sets for progression, but I just watched the new I,BODYBUILDER video * I know this is more for advanced lifters* and there doing like a 6-3 reps.
So my question would it be more benaficial to do like a 6-3 with heavier weights or just stick to what I am doing?

If you are going up 5-10lbs per week. Keep doing what you are doing. Apparently it is working great for you at the moment so stick with it until you are no longer able to progress.

What he said.

[quote]Steve the PLer wrote:
If you are going up 5-10lbs per week. Keep doing what you are doing. Apparently it is working great for you at the moment so stick with it until you are no longer able to progress.[/quote]

X2

and you said you “RECENTLY STARTED lifting weights” . . . . . i take that as you have less than 1 year training under your belt, no way in hell should you be on the i, bodybuilder program, im not sayin that you shouldnt do it, im just saying there is no need for you to be doing advanced work like that yet

Well for that program those are the right rep ranges, if your not on I,BODYBUILDER then stick with higher rep ranges.

Thx for the advice.