Rep/Set Schemes for Bulking

Ok I’m finishing up a cutting phase of 5 sets of 3 reps. I’m just not sure what another good set/rep scheme would be ideal for muscle gain. If you have any ideas of curent shcemes your doing or done, let me know. thanks all

I am also very interested… I was under the impression that between 6-12 all the way to 20 reps on certain exercises could aid in hypertrophy, but the most important part of the equation being eat, eat, and eat…

I would also stick to compound exercises!

5x5, 4x6, 10x3, 8x4, and others will work well!

The ones Nate gave are all great. I suhhest you go away from what you have been doing. The thing is to have enough volume and load combined.

I would start with the higher rep ranges up to 12 or so seeing as you havwe been doing 3’s. Then just change it up from time to time.

hope that helps,
Phill

It depends on diet THEN fiber type. Read CT’s black book to get sets ,rests, reps,tests etc or if you are old school check out what Hatfield has written about it.

Thanks for those guys. I’m liking the 8 sets 4 reps. But maybe I should be higher reps like you said seeing as I just finished 5x3. Would a 4x8 be better choice? Followed by 8x4?

I say go with Westside for a few weeks. I know it’s a powerlifting focused routine but in starting it I went from gaining around 0.5 lbs/week to gaining 1.5-2 lbs/week over the past 3 weeks. I have no idea why b/c my diet is exactly the same, but it’s working wonders for me. And my strength keeps going up as well. I’m a complete Westside convert at this point. But…I think my body has always responded better to low reps, high intensity stuff.