Rep Range Help

My training revolves around a mixture of sprinting and weights. I’ve been making great progress, both in terms of size and numbers, in the last 3 months, but I’ve reached a bit of a plateau with my shoulder press numbers. I’ve been working up slowly through the dumbbells in 3 sets of 8-12 reps, done 2-3 times a week as the basic ‘upper’ part of the program.

Recently I’ve stagnated though at the top end of the rep range for a given weight, stalling out at 12-10-9. IN fact, a week ago I was nearly at 3 x 12 but for the odd rep. Could this be something to do with the rep range? My progress is always most noticeable when I’m at the lower end, i.e. sets of 8/9 and I find it easier to add weight and numbers here. Would perhaps cutting down my target reps to 3 x 8-10 help?

Wait, is this serious thread?

[quote]Porridge Monster wrote:
…I’ve reached a bit of a plateau with my shoulder press numbers. I’ve been working up slowly through the dumbbells in 3 sets of 8-12 reps

…Would perhaps cutting down my target reps to 3 x 8-10 help?[/quote]

haha jackie chan
your silly

Lowering the reps even lower 4-8 reps will help, and try out a barbell instead of dumbells for the movement

[quote]TDavidTestie wrote:
Lowering the reps even lower 4-8 reps will help, and try out a barbell instead of dumbells for the movement[/quote]

I second that message