Renzo Gracie vs. Two 'Muggers'

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

Oh yes. Somebody told me that in the fifities and sixties, your own friends would look down on you if you so much as kicked a downed opponent.
[/quote]

When people aren’t fighting to the death and not coming back later with guns/etc this has always been the case.

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

Oh yes. Somebody told me that in the fifities and sixties, your own friends would look down on you if you so much as kicked a downed opponent.
[/quote]

Unless the downed opponent was a filthy Turkish guest worker!

[/quote]

Or a Jew…

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

AUSLANDER RAUS!!![/quote]

Someone tell me please this is an attempt at humour…

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

Someone tell me please this is an attempt at humour…[/quote]

That was an attempt at humor…

I am here to help.

DISCLAIMER: Neither of the above statements may be factual. Void where prohibited by law, or common sense.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

Humor or not, many a Turk has served as a human punching bag over the years/decades.

How retarded are you for going off on a straw-tangent like this?

“Too many pro-boxers have raped helpless teenagers!”

Go save the world in a different thread, moron.

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

That was an attempt at humor…

I am here to help.

DISCLAIMER: Neither of the above statements may be factual. Void where prohibited by law, or common sense.

Regards,

Robert A [/quote]

Sorry Robert, stuff like this drives me nuts.

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

Humor or not, many a Turk has served as a human punching bag over the years/decades.[/quote]

I’ll be the first one to laugh at dirty/racial/otherwise depraved jokes, whenever those jokes are genuinely funny.

I might just be being stupid, but I don’t really get the joke here.

This is a great forum - partly because of the number of high quality, well informed posters, and partly because it is free from irrelevant bullshit, pettiness, and personal attacks. I don’t really give a shit what your personal opinions are, it’s none of my business, but I am sure there are places on the internet more appropriate than this for you to voice them.

Whilst you would, I’m sure, make a compelling case for lynching as a legitimate form of combat, if you could keep such a discussion in the abstract, and free from any inflammatory vitriol that could potentially discourage some of our valued posters from contributing, I would personally appreciate it.

Can someone tell me what’s going on? I live in America, where we don’t quite understand what’s apparently a Europe vs. Turk hate cycle…

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

Humor or not, many a Turk has served as a human punching bag over the years/decades.[/quote]

I’ll be the first one to laugh at dirty/racial/otherwise depraved jokes, whenever those jokes are genuinely funny.

I might just be being stupid, but I don’t really get the joke here.

This is a great forum - partly because of the number of high quality, well informed posters, and partly because it is free from irrelevant bullshit, pettiness, and personal attacks. I don’t really give a shit what your personal opinions are, it’s none of my business, but I am sure there are places on the internet more appropriate than this for you to voice them.

Whilst you would, I’m sure, make a compelling case for lynching as a legitimate form of combat, if you could keep such a discussion in the abstract, and free from any inflammatory vitriol that could potentially discourage some of our valued posters from contributing, I would personally appreciate it.
[/quote]

Superbly well put sir!

SchwarzFUHRER- Take a note from the above wise Englishman and try not to fuel the fire for Egg Head the fuckin troll!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Can someone tell me what’s going on? I live in America, where we don’t quite understand what’s apparently a Europe vs. Turk hate cycle…[/quote]

I’m not an expert on this topic nor do I want a non-combat related discussion on this forum, so I give my summary:

1. A cultural/religious chasm between Europe (mostly Christian) vs. Turkey (mostly Muslim).

2. The legacy of the Turkish Ottoman Empire which occupied a big portion of Eastern Europe and was seen as a threat/nuisance to the West.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Can someone tell me what’s going on? I live in America, where we don’t quite understand what’s apparently a Europe vs. Turk hate cycle…[/quote]

Loads of Turks came to Germany after the war to work there. Many stayed, which means that the Turks are still the biggest minority. Replace ‘Turk’ with ‘immigrant’ and the whole thing gets clearer. That being said, I have no idea why we’re suddenly talking about racism in Germany or oh so hilarious nazi jokes (SchwarzFUHRER… very, very original. Oh boy).

Back on topic: Why the hell would somebody be stupid enough to SEEK a street fight with two possibly armed guys? Either this is fake or he does not deserve to talk about sensible self defense. Self defense starts with avoiding the fight.

[quote]Egg Head wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

What the fuck… why are you even allowed to post? I don’t get the joke here, either, despite living in Austria, so it’s not an insider joke or anything… It’s scumbags like yout that “help” us keep our Nazi image… speaking of which, while the Schwarzfuhrer thing was an original idea, labelling Schwarzfahrer as a Nazi doesn’t really apply after what he said, now does it?

The thing with Europe and Turkey is a bit more complicated than nighthawkz implies, but I won’t bother going into detail here. Obviously, nationalists and radicals are the first to make a big fucking deal when it comes to racial tension and integration issues - those things aren’t made up, either - but they don’t offer any productive solutions. Suggesting to solve complicated issues by just kicking downed immigrants is exemplary for right-wing, populist nonsense…

Ah, yeah, when it comes to the original topic… what the fuck?

Agreed. Germany has done a great deal to shed the image and has shown enormous contrition for the acts of the Nazis. (Incidently, far greater contrition than has ever been shown by other nations from that period with an equally shameful rap sheet). As I said in my post, petty name calling is largely absent from this forum, as is political/personal bullshit. Shwarzfarher is a valuable contributor to this forum, and I would not like to see him stop posting as a result of childish insults.

Besides, for all we know, he is a dirty commi rather than a dirty fascist, so why even go there?

How the hell did this turn into a conversation about Nazi’s?

Unless…are you guys implying that Nazi’s went to Brazil? Is Renzo linked to the Boys from Brazil? Is that what is going on?

Gratuitous Archer clip:

To Schwarzfahrer,

No need to apologize. We all get torqued by different things.

No need to go eating anyones’s bus tickets about it.

Regards,

Robert A

Since I live and work on a daily basis, dealing with or being exposed to, racial/ religious crap among the Sunni/ Shite / Christian / Turkmen or whatever belief wants to kill someone else, I would like to request that the combat forum remain a safe haven for the ones of us, who use it to gain insight from others, on the best way to train and survive. I am sure there are plenty of forums to discuss whatever brand of hatred stirs your passion, but, the combat forum is not the place.

[quote]Gratuitous Archer clip:

No need to go eating anyones’s bus tickets about it.[/quote]

You’re my hero.

[quote]idaho wrote:
Since I live and work on a daily basis, dealing with or being exposed to, racial/ religious crap among the Sunni/ Shite / Christian / Turkmen or whatever belief wants to kill someone else, I would like to request that the combat forum remain a safe haven for the ones of us, who use it to gain insight from others, on the best way to train and survive. I am sure there are plenty of forums to discuss whatever brand of hatred stirs your passion, but, the combat forum is not the place.

[/quote]

You are right about this.

Schwarzfahrer,

I hope you realize I was kidding.

As LondonBoxer wrote you are a valuable contributer on this board and I hope that you saw humor and not malice in my posts, even if there was malice in the words of a few.

If not, than I apologize sincerely and to bastardize a quote “I find I am my stupidest when I am attempting wit.”

Regards,

Robert A