Renegade GPP(weighted)

I’m having trouble understanding the concept of weighted GPP.

Does the weighted GPP exercise have to be sport specific as the non-weighted GPP?
The reason I’m asking is because I was wondering if Meltdown I could be used for this portion of my training. Time wise it would fit nicely into my schedule.

Lastly, for the non-weighted GPP I string together a series of explosive fencing drills.

Any thoughts on any of this will be appreciated.

Remember that GPP is general physical preparedness. This type of work aids in building a base of general fitness. SPP or specific physical preparedness is what needs to be sport specific.

Weighted GPP should generally be done after a workout to aid in recovery of the previously worked muscles and/or to build work capacity. It may be a good idea to choose things that are more sport specific, but this does not need to be the case at all times.

Jason explained it well. GPP is used to aid in recovery and to increase work capacity. You can’t be in the best shape of your life if you only lift for 1 hour 5 or 6 days a week. In my experience, GPP also helps with avoiding overtraining. Them Renegade workouts can be tough and the Weighted GPP gives almost a feeling of refreshment and anticipation for the next workout.

what is the sport you are training for and when does the season begin? In faith, Coach Davies