Remote Control Problems

Didn’t find an answer after searching so I thought I would put it to the group.
I have multiple DirecTV boxes near each other and I don’t know of a way to have one controller only change the channel on one box. I don’t want the other box to change.
It makes it a pain in the ass with major league extra innings or the NFL ticket. Any suggestions? Besides squats and milk that is.

1st world problems…

Must be nice to have a working remote, my dog ruined all mine.

PIIYB.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Didn’t find an answer after searching so I thought I would put it to the group.
I have multiple DirecTV boxes near each other and I don’t know of a way to have one controller only change the channel on one box. I don’t want the other box to change.
It makes it a pain in the ass with major league extra innings or the NFL ticket. Any suggestions? Besides squats and milk that is.[/quote]

You probably did, but I’ll ask anyway.

Did you call Direct TV and ask them? Different manufacturers are assigned different codes for the remotes. Maybe there’s a way to change that value on the Direct TV box.

I use Fios and they have a bunch of different models for their boxes. Maybe directTV has a newer/older model that uses a different code.

The ratio of useless replies to serious is 3:1. So nobody answer this seriously until another 3 useless replies are made. Including this one. Its the law.