Remembering 9/11

Watch “102 Minutes That Changed America” on the History Channel. It’s all footage of the events that unfolded on 9/11… shot by amateurs and bystanders, not news media. It’s gripping.

The footage of the LONG line of firefighters getting geared up and heading into he towers was gut wrenching. You just know these shots were the last time these guys would ever be seen or photographed.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Watch “102 Minutes That Changed America” on the History Channel. It’s all footage of the events that unfolded on 9/11… shot by amateurs and bystanders, not news media. It’s gripping.

The footage of the LONG line of firefighters getting geared up and heading into he towers was gut wrenching. You just know these shots were the last time these guys would ever be seen or photographed.[/quote]

Saw this as well, I don’t think I moved until it was over.

Extremely powerful.

Do you know when it is on again?

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
Do you know when it is on again?[/quote]

this is part one I think all parts are available on youtube as well.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

The footage of the LONG line of firefighters getting geared up and heading into he towers was gut wrenching. You just know these shots were the last time these guys would ever be seen or photographed.[/quote]

One of the most powerful documentaries I have ever seen. Truly captivating from beginning to end.

Sorry the link I provided only has up too part 3 (the one labeled as part 4 is part 3)

This video I’ve posted is a piece of shit ad from a Brazilian ad agency that was apparently rejected by the World Wildlife Fund.
It’s fucking anger-inducingly bad.

Fantastic slideshow of pictures from some of the 9/11 memorials that took place yesterday, including the new memorial in New York:

http://blogs.reuters.com/fullfocus/2011/09/11/september-11-2011/#a=1

I love the memorial with the pools taking the place of the buildings but I have to say that the pools look SO small!!! Those buildings were huge and their “footprints” just don’t look that big. I’m sure IRL they look massive, but on TV or in pix they just look too small to have been such massive buildings.

Late to the party but I was in psychology class senior year of high school. We turned a tv in the room on and saw the second plane hit. It was pretty surreal.

I’m so glad the SEALs popped Bin Laden. Totally Awwwesome!

I was working on an illustration project in my studio when my friend called me, his voice all shaky, and telling me he loves me like a brother. I asked what was up with him and he said “You didn’t hear? The Twin Towers were hit by planes and the one already fell”. I was stunned, imagining the building falling sideways into lower Manhattan and killing tens of thousands. I ran up to watch the TV news with my wife, and we saw the 2nd building fall. I couldn’t breathe for a moment. Two hours passed as I watched all the coverage and I finally went back to work, when my ASSHOLE client called and yelled at me for not getting on with his job. I said, “Are you aware of what’s going on in NY?” and he said, “This job HAS to get done today”.

Fucker.