Remember Meltdown Training?

It’s been a while since I’ve heard anyone mention it. I did a search and read some pretty good testimonies, but they’re pretty old.

Also, since the article’s release there have been some more refuting the basic premise of that type of training. That being said, I realize that experience takes precedent over philosophy!

So my question: Is there anyone here who has tried Meltdown training? How did it work for you/would you recommend it? Are there better programs out there now for the quick fat loss?

Meltdown + Get shredded diet = Best fat loss combo I’ve tried

I attempted it once and nearly puked on the first day. I believe the foundations of it are solid, but I didn’t stick to it long enough to get results, so I can’t be much help to you.

Good luck if you decide to go through with it.

Kicked my ass when i tried it, trimmed up nice and quick.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459809

The link in case anyone is unfamiliar.

Did it for two weeks, each time almost puking after it. I’m considering starting it up again this week

I tried Alwyn Cosgrove’s Afterburn workout, which is quite similar. I didn’t nearly puke my guts out on the first night, I actually DID puke my brains out and had to call in to work sick the next day. I was physically ill. I got acclimated to it for about a month and lost a lot of muscle mass in many areas but I did lose a lot of fat.
I say stay away from routines that have titles attached to it, especially if you are interested in bodybuilding. Follow a bodypart split and do slow, steady state cardio like all NORMAL and SANE and SUCCESSFUL bodybuilders do.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I tried Alwyn Cosgrove’s Afterburn workout, which is quite similar. I didn’t nearly puke my guts out on the first night, I actually DID puke my brains out and had to call in to work sick the next day. I was physically ill. I got acclimated to it for about a month and lost a lot of muscle mass in many areas but I did lose a lot of fat.
I say stay away from routines that have titles attached to it, especially if you are interested in bodybuilding. Follow a bodypart split and do slow, steady state cardio like all NORMAL and SANE and SUCCESSFUL bodybuilders do. [/quote]

Steady state cardio is good for fat loss, and for advanced bodybuilders it is the only type of cardio I see them doing, and rightfully so. But I think sprints definitely have a place in fat-loss training. The demand on your body from sprinting, especially when you’re talking about the 100-200m range, is huge. I think for those who are still trying to build their physique up it is great for thigh development as well.

[quote]dharmabum31 wrote:

So my question: Is there anyone here who has tried Meltdown training? How did it work for you/would you recommend it? Are there better programs out there now for the quick fat loss?[/quote]

I’m doing meltdown for 2weeks now, its soon do tell, but it seems that it will give good results, this week i droped 1.5-2kgs (probably a lot of water because i should already be at 10-12% at start, but i look a little leaner in the mirror, maybe its psychological but still…).

Did Meltdown I for 2 weeks, left big puddles of sweat on the floor after every workout (I cleaned them up of course). Even though the workout only takes about 15 minutes, you’ll be sucking air for a good hour afterwards.

You know how when you’re sick, and you cough, and you get that burning sensation in your lungs? Yeah, that’s how your lungs feel after Meltdown.

15 min workout…well

Well,

if i do my strenght(heavy lifting session) session before, about 45 to 55 min will it be a good idea to perform the circuit of Meltdown after. I cant see myself going at the gym for 15 min…

[quote]Rampage74 wrote:
15 min workout…well

Well,

if i do my strength(heavy lifting session) session before, about 45 to 55 min will it be a good idea to perform the circuit of Meltdown after. I cant see myself going at the gym for 15 min…[/quote]

I went in fresh for Meltdown (other than a five minute warmup on the bike). Try Meltdown for 1 week and follow it EXACTLY how it’s written (eccentric, concentric, rest periods, etc) and see how you feel.

That’s what I said the first time, I’m like ‘15 minutes, that’s not going to do anything for me,’ and boy, was I wrong. Make sure you use appropriate weights, such as if the rep range is 10, use your 15 rep max, and I suggest reading the article all the way through so you understand the principal of that style of training.

I really don’t think one could do Meltdown after a regular training session.

I know I couldn’t. I do good just to walk out of the gym after doing Melt Down.

you will see your self on the gym floor after only 15 mins.

I did some complex training and meltdown was not the hardest, but if you are not use to training like that, it will be very hard.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:

I went in fresh for Meltdown (other than a five minute warmup on the bike). Try Meltdown for 1 week and follow it EXACTLY how it’s written (eccentric, concentric, rest periods, etc) and see how you feel.

That’s what I said the first time, I’m like ‘15 minutes, that’s not going to do anything for me,’ and boy, was I wrong. Make sure you use appropriate weights, such as if the rep range is 10, use your 15 rep max, and I suggest reading the article all the way through so you understand the principal of that style of training.[/quote]

I’m doing 4-5sets working up to a heavy 5 in the bench and row one day, and in the deadlift the other. Its just 1 or 2 work sets of 5, and takes 10-15min, what allows to hit the meltdown part still fresh, but if you do a whole strength session before meltdown then you are right its way too much.

On the weights used, its hard to find out without trying the whole workout… For example,the pullups i could do weighted(1st exercise of the circuit), but in the deads (last exercise)i barely was able to use 50% 1RM…