Religion and Physics

Hey, guys. This is open to people of all faiths or lack thereof. I do not want to explain it here, and feel you folks can make a more accurate opinion if you research it a little on your own, but what do you feel about a tie-in or relation between the theory of Quantum Resurrection and biblical (or even other religion-related) resurrection?

I don’t mean the resurrection of Christ, but the supposed resurrection of the people after Armageddon, the Reckoning or whatever you want to call it. I was reading “The Physics Book” by Clifford Pickover and one topic was Quantum Resurrection. It didn’t mention this connection, that just came to my mind as I was reading it. I would like to know your opinions and thoughts!

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass G-d is waiting for you.”

Heisenberg (not the meth guy, but the Nazi supporter who later pretended to not be a Nazi).

[quote]Dmartinez wrote:
Hey, guys. This is open to people of all faiths or lack thereof. I do not want to explain it here, and feel you folks can make a more accurate opinion if you research it a little on your own, but what do you feel about a tie-in or relation between the theory of Quantum Resurrection and biblical (or even other religion-related) resurrection?

I don’t mean the resurrection of Christ, but the supposed resurrection of the people after Armageddon, the Reckoning or whatever you want to call it. I was reading “The Physics Book” by Clifford Pickover and one topic was Quantum Resurrection. It didn’t mention this connection, that just came to my mind as I was reading it. I would like to know your opinions and thoughts![/quote]

Quantum resurrection? Can you be specific and describe this theory is and what it is based upon?

Religion and science are two different disciplines with different purposes. Though they do intersect at points, they are not mutually exclusive. Nor is it correct to replace one with the other.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Dmartinez wrote:

I don’t mean the resurrection of Christ, but the supposed resurrection of the people after Armageddon, the Reckoning or whatever you want to call it. I was reading “The Physics Book” by Clifford Pickover and one topic was Quantum Resurrection. It didn’t mention this connection, that just came to my mind as I was reading it. I would like to know your opinions and thoughts![/quote]

Quantum resurrection? Can you be specific and describe this theory is and what it is based upon?

Religion and science are two different disciplines with different purposes. Though they do intersect at points, they are not mutually exclusive. Nor is it correct to replace one with the other. [/quote]

You are correct and I like your reply. I was asking for opinions on tie-ins between the two based on what QR is, just a random hypothesis that popped in my head which by no means is correct or wrong. Nor does it have to be. Quantum resurrection is a theory of this:
Based on the theory that the universe, after trillions of years of darkness, isolation (with intergalactic distances increasing) and a loss of constructive materials for new stars, there will be a void from which spontaneous reactions can occur (essentially a pool of “dark energy” if I remember right and electrons. From this, universes can essentially bud off of our own. These reactions must contain unique circumstances and obviously are unbelievably rare. Even vacuums can do these fluctuations and given enough time, full particles (think hydrogen or even other simple molecules) can emerge. Of course larger molecules and compounds would be even less likely but there is a chance. Check out Boltzmann Brains for an example of this and probably a better explanation. Again, I’m probably grasping at nothing but I was just curious as to others’ opinions on the theory.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass G-d is waiting for you.”

Heisenberg (not the meth guy, but the Nazi supporter who later pretended to not be a Nazi).[/quote]

Hey thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I enjoy this quote, thank you.