T Nation

Relationships and Steroids

How should you respond to someone who may be uneducated on the topic of steroids, even if they are rather smart? If someone you are dating asks you this, when would be a good time to tell them, upfront or later on in the relationship when they may be willing to understand? You can assume the outcome of the relationship MAY be based on the answer you give.

I’ve had to deal with this twice. One time I was able to say “this entire time you’ve known me, I’ve been using” so it was good that she was able to see what I act like while on without actually knowing I’m on.

The other time, I told her before I started, but told her I was starting 3-4 weeks after I actually started. I had a feeling she was going to say “well I’ve noticed blah blah blah…” when I told her I started, so I began my cycle without telling her so when I say “oh, I’m using” and a week later she tells me “well I’ve noticed X, Y, Z” I would reply “I’ve been using for X amount of weeks, now… you didn’t ‘notice’ anything until I told you about it. It’s all mental.”

Keep in mind, I knew these two girls for quite a while before I told them, and trusted them. Who you tell about your AAS use about is your own business, and in real life, should be taken very seriously.

I’ve been asked by friends before, and I reply something like “if I used steroids and this is what happened, I’d want my money back” or “do you have any idea how bad I’d be made fun of if I used and was still this weak?!”

They’re self-depricating humor answers that usually satisfy the other person as far as an answer goes, without actually saying no. You’re not lying to them, you’re just easily changing the direction of the conversation.

:confused:

Telling anyone a “secret” is always about trust more than how smart they are.

My outlook on it is a little different than most, but I’ll share it anyway. I like to look at the “big picture” rather than just focusing on AAS. If you want to skip all my philosophical mumbo-jumbo, just go to the last paragraph.

I’m a fairly stout libertarian. One way to sum up libertarian philosophy is that I think it is immoral for anyone to tell another adult what he or she should or should not do as long as they don’t bother anyone else. I tend to “convert” those around me as well. I might not complete change the way they think, but through discussion I am usually able to undo some of the authoritarian brainwashing that they have been undergoing their entire lives.

I guess what I’m saying is, if you can “wake” someone up to the fact that laws imposed upon us by the government (especially drug laws) have nothing to do with helping to insure “public safety”, and that government laws and regulation are simply a means of control, revenue generation, and votes, then everything falls into place.

People have essentially been brainwashed since birth, through public schooling and the media, to worship the government. They have been trained to trust authority and love being controlled. Anything that the government does is often automatically regarded as morally correct.

In other words, if you break the law you are viewed by default as a bad person who deserves to be locked in a cage and financially raped by the system, but nobody really questions if those laws are a good thing. Far too many people don’t realize how horribly immoral it is to lock someone in a cage because they choose to put something into their own body, or because they decide to run a pharmacy without government endorsement.

Yes, I just compared drug dealers to pharmacists. I know, it’s insulting - to drug dealers that is, as prescriptions drugs kill FAR more people every year than “illegal” drugs.

Once you break free of the idea that government regulation reflects what is “good”, and that it is your job to insure your own health and safety rather than the government, then you are then able to think for yourself in an objective manner. Once you’ve made it that far, it is much easier to take an open-minded, objective look at the risks and benefits of steroids and decide on your own if you think it is safe.

Or you can skip all that and watch “Bigger, Faster, Stronger” with her. That’s what a lot of guys seem to do. It does a great job of reversing the media brainwashing in regards to steroids. Even if your woman is vehemently opposed to steroid use, watching this movie should at least open her up for conversation.

[quote]jMill2 wrote:

Or you can skip all that and watch “Bigger, Faster, Stronger” with her. That’s what a lot of guys seem to do. It does a great job of reversing the media brainwashing in regards to steroids. Even if your woman is vehemently opposed to steroid use, watching this movie should at least open her up for conversation.[/quote]

lol that movie is completely biased. Comparing issues arising from steroids to drinking or major OTC meds is laughable. As if the population size for the respective groups is in any way comparable. Brainwashing people to your own argument is just as wrong, IMO.

When it comes to steriods and relationships it is no win situation, unless both parties use them. Although at the time of explanation one party might understand and seem cool about it, however somewhere down the line it will be the center focus of a disagreement in the relationship and evenually cause problems continually. For instance the first time you get angry and raise your voice. You will be acussed of riod rage. Better yet and years later (getting way ahead of myself) should the relationship blossom to marriage and children then divorce you can be acussed of being addicted to steriods and not fit for custody.
More important as someone else stated here it is also a trust matter with one that you might not know well enough or for very long.

Wait people here actually use steroids?

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Wait people here actually use steroids?
[/quote]
.

haha nice.

My experience: My wife was very much against steroids-didnt know anything about them. To be honest same with me, I didnt know shit. BUT I began trying ph’s, M-Drol and P-Plex, and was not saticefied, and also saw that the risks werent really what the media said of it. So I researched more and mre. Read read read on steroids, joined another board, and bla bla. Soon or later I find a source.

I talked with my wife about wanting to try Dbol, Dbol only cycle. After like 2 months of searching the web and talking about constantly she gave in and said fine go order some. She trusted, from the reading she saw me doing, that I took it seriouse enough to run it safely.

Then I told her about injectables and said how much more effective it is, prices are actually very nice, and much less problems to worry about-as long as its sterile. I did peircings and stuff as a teen, including one for her so she knew I was a sterile freak.

No liver toxicity or kidney issues. saves money on the liver sup’s when going with the injectables. I focused on Testosterone-told her its pretty much the safest, in terms of its a hormone my body already produces. Soon or later she agreed with me, I placed my order, and completed my first cycle-showed her what my talk was.

Took like 6 months to ease her into my mind frame, and see my views but it worked well. Soon or later I’ll have her doing my glute injects. I think thats pretty important- dont spill the beans and force your ideas, the person might just agree with you so you Love them or think they’re cool with you.

Instead, I showed her the dark side views and talked alot for awhile and let her see for herself…calmed her bad thoughts… I think I even watched Bigger, faster, Stronger with her lol.

Ive had it go completely awesome, as in they thought it was the fucking coolest thing ever. And i’ve also had a girl completely stop talking to me because her ex, who was a fucked up bipolar beat the hell outta her, while taking some pill form wannabe steroid. but of course a clinically diagnosed alcoholic bipolar only beats his gf because of roids right?

Anyways. Ive made girlfriends watch bigger stronger faster too hahaha.

Now a days i always just wait until a few months in, let them see that roid rage is complete bullshit then ease it out on them. Win

[quote]Detroitlionsbaby wrote:

[quote]jMill2 wrote:

Or you can skip all that and watch “Bigger, Faster, Stronger” with her. That’s what a lot of guys seem to do. It does a great job of reversing the media brainwashing in regards to steroids. Even if your woman is vehemently opposed to steroid use, watching this movie should at least open her up for conversation.[/quote]

lol that movie is completely biased. Comparing issues arising from steroids to drinking or major OTC meds is laughable. As if the population size for the respective groups is in any way comparable. Brainwashing people to your own argument is just as wrong, IMO.[/quote]

Coach Bell was my high school football coach

All I have to say is be carefull. I had along term relationship break up and she started telling eveyone I used them because she was so pissed off. Luckily I am on HRT so I said yes I do, but I have a prescription from my family doctor when I was asked. Not sure who all believed that.

Yeah people are very ignorant… I am not a user… quite obviously too young. But Its very irritating when people absolutely disregard someones work ethic and progress because they make the decision to use (Assuming they’re responsible and of age, etc…). I think the decision to tell your girlfriend something of that nature is up to you… you know her best. You should probably have a general idea on how she’ll react.

I would weigh out your options in regards to how likely she is to overreact and tell everyone that you’re this, that and the next. Or dont say anything at all… what mama don’t know cant hurt her… hah.

For every “understanding” wife/gf out there there is a malicious bitch just waiting to come out that will throw the drug card at you the moment something does not go her way especially in divorce situations involving child custody…NO ONE should know your business…ESPECIALLY your wife/gf.

Every time i post something similar to this guys will come out and say shit like “oh you just never found the right one” or “my wife is totally supportive” or some shit. Funny thing is 4-5 years down the road they will email me and be like “fuck dude the crazy bitch took my house i can;t see my kids i ahve lost everything just becasue i thought i could trust her” . YOU CAN NOT TRUST HER DO NOT FUCKING KID YOURSELF

[quote]jared530 wrote:

[quote]Detroitlionsbaby wrote:

[quote]jMill2 wrote:

Or you can skip all that and watch “Bigger, Faster, Stronger” with her. That’s what a lot of guys seem to do. It does a great job of reversing the media brainwashing in regards to steroids. Even if your woman is vehemently opposed to steroid use, watching this movie should at least open her up for conversation.[/quote]

lol that movie is completely biased. Comparing issues arising from steroids to drinking or major OTC meds is laughable. As if the population size for the respective groups is in any way comparable. Brainwashing people to your own argument is just as wrong, IMO.[/quote]

Coach Bell was my high school football coach
[/quote]
? Your point being…

[quote]klarbar wrote:

i always just wait until a few months in, let them see that roid rage is complete bullshit then ease it out on them. Win[/quote]

Wow thats risky. I had a hard time talking to my WIFE about the shit…Its still a Federal crime dude

[quote]morepain wrote:
For every “understanding” wife/gf out there there is a malicious bitch just waiting to come out that will throw the drug card at you the moment something does not go her way especially in divorce situations involving child custody…NO ONE should know your business…ESPECIALLY your wife/gf.

Every time i post something similar to this guys will come out and say shit like “oh you just never found the right one” or “my wife is totally supportive” or some shit. Funny thing is 4-5 years down the road they will email me and be like “fuck dude the crazy bitch took my house i can;t see my kids i ahve lost everything just becasue i thought i could trust her” . YOU CAN NOT TRUST HER DO NOT FUCKING KID YOURSELF[/quote]

And this is something to have in mind at all times. The risk is always there, and I agree. My wife seems cool now, but I also know how she can dig up bullshit just cause she’s angry, then an hr later say “baby, you know I support you…”

I’m on my first cycle now. My wife of 13 years, who is studying to be a nurse, does most of my injections. I prefer to do my own, actually, but she seems to like it.

She didn’t like the idea of me doing AAS at first, but she trusts me to know what’s right. There’s no way I’d tell a girlfriend that I was on AAS. But IMO if you want/need to keep secrets from your wife, the woman you plan to spend the rest of your days on this planet with… you picked the wrong chick.

But… my wife’s “getting me” a 3some with a hot girlfriend for my birthday this weekend. So I know mine’s cool. :wink:

hahahahhaah thats awesome.

I’ve been married for 20 years. IMO, not being upfront with the wife about something as important as this can cause some serious trust issues later down the line. All it takes is for her to find your stash, or even just your needles and now you have to justify yourself after the fact. Hiding it makes it seem like you think it’s wrong. Then she’s going to be wondering what else you’re hiding.

I had gone for bloodwork only to find my test was on the low end of normal. Since then I shared with her my interest in getting HRT. My doc was too chicken or too uninformed to put me on HRT, so I started researching steroids. I did research for over 6 months - including watching “Bigger, Faster, Stronger” with her.

Like another poster here, I eased her into it. Finally when I told her what I wanted to do, she initially was resistant, but she listened to what I had found out through research. I also told her that if she saw anything happening to me that worried her - I’d stop at her request. This gave her a feelign at least that she had some control.

Having her know makes life way easier. I don’t have to hide my needles, nor do I have to explain the zits on my back. I also don’t have to explain why suddenly I want to f*ck her 4 times a day :wink: